No instant gratification...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mgthrall, Jul 12, 2006.

1. mgthrall macrumors newbie

After browsing these forums since May, I finally purchased a MacBook from Apple.com on Monday, July 10th. I've never used a Mac before, except in the Apple Store, so I'm quite excited to jump into OSX. The sad news, however, is that the computer won't arrive, according to Apple's estimations, until Wednesday, July 26th! Eep! Sadness! :( Is it normal to wait 16 days for a product to arrive when ordering directly through Apple?

Anyway, I wanted to say "Thank you" to all the people who have made great, insightful posts on these forums. You really helped educate me into what I think is a well-informed purchase. Now, it's time to sit back and count the days until my new toy arrives. :)

2. terrymr macrumors member

I'm playing the same waiting game here too ... ordered a refurb Macbook 1.83 yesterday ... expected ship date is over a week from now.

3. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Maybe they are having a shortage of supplies...? :confused:

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Seems that way. A lot of Mac shipments have been slow lately. I believe it has been attributed to a lot of education purchases.

5. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

Or maybe they're releasing an update next week. :confused: Amazon has both 2.0GHz models shipping in 24 hours.

6. terrymr macrumors member

I would hope that the refurb computer I ordered would already be in stock ... or are they taking orders for computers that haven't been returned yet :)

7. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Just went to a Apple retailer here in Seattle and picked up a matte screen 1.83 MBP for work. I decided to bring it home too. You know, for safe keeping ;)

8. valiar macrumors regular

That is nothing, folks...
    I have recently tried buying an IBM ThinkPad (you can read the horror story somewhere around these forums).
    I was waiting nearly a month for a damn thing to ship!
    And then they sent me two instead of one, and both were broken :eek:
    Apple is great as far as the shipping times go... At least, their estimated dates are worth something.
    By the way, I am currently waiting for a MacBook Pro :D

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Yes. If the machine is BTO-- built to order (I think that's what it stands for). Meaning if you have changed anything from the stock configuration, it lengthens the time you've got to wait.

Congrats on your soon-to-be new Mac.

10. terrymr macrumors member

Shipped

My refurbished macbook just shipped ... should be here monday.