Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2008
apple uk site suggests not. Do we have to go to o2 or cpw shops? No apple care?

Rigsby

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
Beaten to it. It does seem strange, especially if O2 are offering a PAYG version - but assume that it's so O2 can protect their contracts.

I just thank God that we've got an option other than Carphone Warehouse. Those guys only just rank above estate agents in the evolutionary scale.

phalewhale

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I just thank God that we've got an option other than Carphone Warehouse. Those guys only just rank above estate agents in the evolutionary scale.

Personally, I think you're being too kind. But that's just based on the numerous experiences I've had when dealing with them, and their cousins at O2.

senorFunkyPants

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
England
Personally, I think you're being too kind. But that's just based on the numerous experiences I've had when dealing with them, and their cousins at O2.
Gotta love the CPWH O2 cashback deals though (via E2Save), I just made a total profit of ~£170 from my last cashback contract while getting 200 xmins and 250 txts.
How does that work?
Anyway, just finished that contract and renewed with 200xmins and 250 txts (no new phone) for £5 a month and can have the data bolt on for another £5 a month...perfect for my unlocked V1 iPhone.

phalewhale

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
Gotta love the CPWH O2 cashback deals though (via E2Save), I just made a total profit of ~£170 from my last cashback contract while getting 200 xmins and 250 txts.
How does that work?
Anyway, just finished that contract and renewed with 200xmins and 250 txts (no new phone) for £5 a month and can have the data bolt on for another £5 a month...perfect for my unlocked V1 iPhone.

Wow. And here's me being really dubious about these cashback deals after watching Martin Lewis on the TV. Have you got to send your bills or statements or whatever within a certain short timeframe though?

icantbelieveit

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
Wow. And here's me being really dubious about these cashback deals after watching Martin Lewis on the TV. Have you got to send your bills or statements or whatever within a certain short timeframe though?

yeah you've got to send certain bills, say bill from month 4, 8, 12 within a month of receiving that bill, so not that difficult! Ive just finished one with O2, got a free phone and all my calls and texts free for a year and made around £50 by buying it through Quidco cashback and downgrading to a lower tarif on the last month! Brilliant things! Though am now waiting for the iphone so am not joining another one as don't want 2 contract amounts leaving my account every month!

MojoWill

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2008
NEVER EVER GO TO CARPHONE WAREHOUSE

I used to work there everyone is a crook they would sell your soul to the devil for commission, their after sales is non-exsitent and they sell your details on to the highest bidder. Go direct to the networks never use an independent they are just out to make money they don't care what you buy or which plan as long as you buy something.

hell i once sold a nokia 1100 on a £50 a month contract just to hit target and i was one of the more moral sales people!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.