No iPod here - but I love iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Cooknn, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I really don't have any time to use an iPod - it seems like I'm working all the time. Fortunately a good part of that time is at my Mac :) I love workin' and rockin' with a Bud Light in reach at all times. Makes for some crazy iTunes purchases, but that keeps my library interesting!

Anybody else out there iPod(less) who consistently listens to iTunes?

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I was for about a year but I finally gave in and got a shuffle..lol

3. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Shuffle is an excellent way to get the best out of your library IMHO. Maybe someday I'll grab an iPod Shuffle. Both my boys have iPods, a Gen2 and a Mini :p

4. ProdigyTroyDR macrumors newbie

ProdigyTroyDR

me too

i'm in a similar boat: no ipod, but i use itunes every day, constantly.
    what's more amazing is that i don't have a mac yet. once i get my mac i plan to buy an ipod! it would be a crime not to. haaahaha

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I was totally addicted to iTunes long before I got my iPod mini. But in the end my cheap little Panasonic(?) Flash/SD card player with 32+128 MB only playing mp3s just wasn't good enough and I got me an iPod mini last February (actually ordered from USA long before they were released in Europe :D). Now I cannot live without iTunes, nor my iPod (mini). ;)

6. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I had iTunes for 3 months without a iPod then the mini's came out and I new I had to get one.

7. Frisco macrumors 68020

My first iPod I had to use with MusicMatch :eek:

Those were my pre Mac days!

8. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Podless also, but I love iTunes. From my library I burned 30 CD's in early '04 that I have at my office and listen to constantly. It was a sad day when my external Yamaha burner stopped doing its job in mid-November.

I actually gave consideration to the idea of taking my iMac to Tek-Serve to have an internal burner put into the drive bay. That notion was replaced by my decision to get another Mac sometime this year, one of the laptops.

9. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I used to just listen to individual tracks on winamp with my old PC years ago. There was no organisation at all with music scattered over different folders. I bought a CD player, but it had no skip protection and didn't last long so I moved to a 32mb Jazz Piper. I think that's what it was called anyway :p It had a slot to up the memory to 64mb - wow!
    Then I think i stopped listening to music out of sheer frustration.

Now i've got my powerbook, iTunes and iPod :D iTunes is the heart and soul of my computer basically. I have it running most of the time playing away in the background. The only problem is I'm running out of hard drive space :(

The iPod is just convenient :p iTunes hooked up with some nice speakers is better than any bloody iPod :p :D

10. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I used itunes without an ipod for 6 months-- its a great program with a great interface, it is powerful, easy to use, and its free. Anytime anyone I know gets a new computer (windows or mac) I talk it up-- its one of the highest and best uses for a computer. :cool:

11. shidoshi macrumors regular

See, I guess I don't connect iTunes and the iPod, because I've been using iTunes since it came out, and long before I got an iPod. I used to make playlists in iTunes, and then play the audio out into my MiniDisc player and record MDs that way.

I've always been a fan of the iTunes way of doing it - having a large library of all of your music right there at hand, instead of picking and choosing songs to play each time like in other apps.

12. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I do have an iPod, however-seeing as it is summer and I don't really do all that much-I find my self using iTunes all the time. I love its interface, its organization, EVERYTHING. Plus my Shures sound awesome being pumped out of the 'Book...:D