Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creationtwenty2

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2009
Hi there,

I just purchased an iTunes Match subscription yesterday after I let last years renewal lapse for a few months. Between my previous subscription finishing and the new one starting, I bought a couple of AppleTV's.

I'm having problems getting my full Match library to show on the AppleTV. It is only showing tracks purchased directly from iTunes, which unfortunately only makes up about 10% of my library.

My iPhone and iPad recognized my subscription immediately and display all music (imported/purchased) but I can't seem to get the AppleTV to play ball.

Any ideas?

Thanks

niteflyr

macrumors 65816
Nov 29, 2011
Southern Cal
Hi there,

I just purchased an iTunes Match subscription yesterday after I let last years renewal lapse for a few months. Between my previous subscription finishing and the new one starting, I bought a couple of AppleTV's.

I'm having problems getting my full Match library to show on the AppleTV. It is only showing tracks purchased directly from iTunes, which unfortunately only makes up about 10% of my library.

My iPhone and iPad recognized my subscription immediately and display all music (imported/purchased) but I can't seem to get the AppleTV to play ball.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Reboot ATV. Make sure you are signed in to same Apple ID on ATV as match account. If all else fails, home sharing should show all music.

liferev

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
I had the exact same problem, and I reset my Apple ID in the settings (ie. logged out and logged back in) and then reset the Apple TV from the settings menu.

Then when I went back into music, it prompted me to turn on Itunes Match. Now it all works perfectly. All music from my Itunes is streaming directly from Apple servers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.