Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jefferyd32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Seattle, WA
So I thought iTunes match was supposed to be active before the end of October? What is the deal? What's the holdup?

brett.fish

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2008
no change on Apple site

still says "coming soon", and no mention of it in the main iTunes page

They said end of October, so if it doesn't release today I think they should at least offer an explanation and updated release date

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Probably last minute glitches or not quite up to par and wanted to fix it completely.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
If Apple does not release it by the end of today this is a huge failure on Apple's part. If the knew they couldn't release it today although they said they were they should have at least sent out a press releasing saying so and postponing it and not just leave us in the dark with no clue. I hope this is not the beginning stages on the company starting to fall apart without Steve.

----------

Probably last minute glitches or not quite up to par and wanted to fix it completely.

Even if that is the case, they should still let us know if they can't meet the deadline. They still have a few hours but it doesn't look like its going to happen.

tbrule

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2009
A taste for the dramatics

If Apple does not release it by the end of today this is a huge failure on Apple's part. If the knew they couldn't release it today although they said they were they should have at least sent out a press releasing saying so and postponing it and not just leave us in the dark with no clue. I hope this is not the beginning stages on the company starting to fall apart without Steve.

A huge failure? Is it really a "huge failure" if they miss the "later October" by a few days or even a week or two? I don't think so.

Also, your comment about this possibly being the beginning stages of the company starting to fall apart without Steve is quite dramatic. The white iPhone 4 was eight months late and somehow the company is still going strong.

whyamihere

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
'nati
The white iPhone 4 was eight months late and somehow the company is still going strong.

Good point. And that delay was likely due to Steve's unwillingness to release an inferior product. So if anything, the delay in releasing iTunes Match could indicate that Apple really is carrying on Steve's legacy by taking extra time to make sure they aren't releasing crap.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
A huge failure? Is it really a "huge failure" if they miss the "later October" by a few days or even a week or two? I don't think so.

Also, your comment about this possibly being the beginning stages of the company starting to fall apart without Steve is quite dramatic. The white iPhone 4 was eight months late and somehow the company is still going strong.

Apple rarely ever misses a deadline. When they say something it happens! If they miss a deadline now it looks pretty bad in my opinion. It looks as if they are having trouble managing everything without Steve.

With Steve gone, a lot of people feel as if Apple may not make it very far. With these minor slips up these could be a chain reaction causing a lot of problems. I know the white iPhone 4 was delayed but Apple did make an announcement about it and that's what they should do here if this is the case.

I would rather wait and make sure everything works great before they release it but they should let us know if they can't make this deadline. They only have a few more hours.

spokes1124

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2010
RENO
It is snowing in hell

They have lied to us. No news announcement. No postponement. Just the first of many lies that Apple will spoon feed us now that Jobs is gone.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Well the good part is Match will be coming to the Apple TV now.

That's new I think.

Attachments

• matchonappletv.png
    matchonappletv.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 133
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.