Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GorramDoctor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Hey everyone,

I'm currently unable to use my keyboard to type in any way on one of my open windows. The other one, which I am currently using, works perfectly fine, but as of about half an hour ago I cannot type anything in any text field and so cannot use the address bar, write a message on Facebook, write an email, etc. I can mouse over and select places where I could type, but no actual typing. This has happened before, maybe a couple of times in the last 10 months since I've had this computer, and I usually restarted my browser and continued. However, I am curious as to the root of the problem and whether it's something I can/should get fixed while I'm under warranty. I will be leaving the problem window as-is if possible to see if there's a fix.

Also worth noting is when this problem came up I was using a second screen, and the window on the other screen is the one I am able to type in (I have since unplugged the second screen and the problem persists).

My Macbook Pro (Mid 2012):

Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B09
SMC Version (system): 2.2f44

I assume there are other relevant details I will need to post, so let me know I will do so. I'd love to know what's going on here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.