no-keyyboard keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by C-Mezak, Aug 19, 2004.

1. C-Mezak macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Hey everybody . . .

I just switched and am looking to get started making noise with my new powerbook. I use softsynths and multitrack recording. Garageband is cool but I will probably move to Cubase when I can afford it.

So here's my situration: I'm about to move from CA to Edinburgh, Scotland for school. I'll be living in a dorm-setting most of the year. This means that I wont really be in the situation to tockpile hardware. Even a midi-keyboard might be too much. Im wondering if there's a way to use my laptop's keyboard as a midi-controller. Not very elegant, but infinitely more usable compared to mousing a virtual keyboard. :) Im sure it would be possible for somebody to write a program to allow this. Does anybody know if such a program exists?

Baring that solution, are there any extremely portable midi-controllers out there that are actually worth using? thanks!!

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

MidiKeys is your friend. It's exactly what you are looking for.

3. C-Mezak thread starter macrumors regular

C-Mezak

You are my friend, stoid!

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

like this? ;)

PS. works with any http://________.youaremyfriend.com

5. C-Mezak thread starter macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Haha yeah.

But grrr . . . Im using Absynth 2.01 and when I have MidiKeys open, it crashe when I try to open the audio/midi settings. Is there any other app I could try? Thanks!!!
    Charkue