No Login Window?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ingenious, Jan 31, 2006.

1. macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    20" iMac G5 2.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM, SuperDrive, 128 MB Video RAM, 260 GB, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth
    Mac OS X 10.4.4.

Just recently, a week or two after updating to 10.4.4, my Login Window has stopped appearing after waking from sleep or after Sceen Saver. The computer just wakes up to the Desktop. The screen takes a few seconds to turn on the brightness, too. First it's black, then dim, then it's bright....

What's going wrong?

2. macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I don't know about the login thing, I'm the only user on my computer so I don't have to use that. However, my iBook screen also starts dim after waking up and then gets up to the right brightness. It only takes a few seconds, and this is normal.

3. Moderator emeritus

yellow

There shouldn't be a traditional login screen when waking from sleep or screensaver. Unless you mean a password protected login screen and not the traditional login screen. In that case, check your setting and make sure you're still set up to require a password to wake from sleep/screensaver.

In Tiger: System Preferences -> Security

4. thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Yes, I meant the password box. I've already checked that setting. I've tried putting it to sleep with it off, and then setting it and trying again. I've tried almost everything.

5. thread starter macrumors 65832

ingenious

Yes, but it didn't used to do this. It didn't do this before with the window. It wasn't as noticeable at least because the screen starts out black.