No MB or MBP's on the Apple Refurb Site

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rstorm, Mar 19, 2007.

1. rstorm macrumors regular

Does anyone else thinks its strange that there are zero MB's or MBP on the refurb site? It has been at zero since about noon Sunday.

2. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

i see one MB and one MBP.

maybe people are just snapping them up?

3. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I found that normal from Sunday-Tuesday. They rarely put new stuff up on Sunday, and often not on Monday. Should be a lot there tomorrow for you!

I'm not watching since i got my computer though.... nice to be using it!! :D

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

When I was looking for my iMac, I missed it about 5 times. I finally got it. They just come and go, but when you see one you should order right away.

5. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Ya, the refurb store is more barren than it's been in a few weeks. Either a sign of updates soon or they just had strong sales. I'm guessing strong sales, but they could be holding onto the refurb units, in order to push new ones at new prices, to move inventory pre-update. Since they tend to sell the old machines that are left over at refurb prices after an update it makes sense they'd want to push the sales of them right before an update. That's just conspiracy theory, though! ;) :D

On a related note, one of my favorite things people do is point this sort of situation out in FS threads when someone says "well, a refurb from Apple is $XXX, so I'd offer $XXX". When the refurb store is sold out of something, though, there's always someone who will jump in and let you know that! Like Apple is NEVER going to have that product, or something comparable ever again and so whatever is being sold is somehow now much more valuable! :rolleyes:

6. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

the refurb store was empty for me at 8.30am. where did you see a MB or a MBP? what country?

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Loads of them on the Irish apple website. I ordered a refurb today for someone in the village...

8. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

the good ol' US of A. i checked when i read the OP.

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

umpf, seems i'm blind! time to make an appointment with my optometrist. well, they're definately gone now.

10. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

ah ha! it's not you, it's me. apparently i either can't read or i'm an idiot. they're selling the applecare for MP and MBP, not the actual machines.

my bad. :eek:

ok, everyone. back to speculation!

11. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

ah, that's good. i'll use the copay for the optometrist towards a MBP then!

12. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

good idea! maybe you can get a good deal on a refurb! ;)

13. rstorm thread starter macrumors regular

What he was seeing was the "AppleCare" line. I have been checking almost hourly and still nothing.

14. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

we've got that part sorted out...i misread the refurb site.

thanks, though. :D

15. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

actually, apple's had a strong offering in the refurb store lately. it's just that people have been snatching them up really quickly. if you check nightly some time after midnight pdt, you'll see most of the macbook and macbook pro offering on the refurb store. i wouldn't look too much into it (i.e. product updates and the like). if you're interested in buying a refurbished laptop, my suggestion is to check around 1am each night.

16. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

That's what I said. It's more barren now than it has been in the past few weeks. They've had almost everything in stock all the time for about a month or so, and now almost nothing.

17. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it may be barren at the current moment, but all one needs to do is check back in the later hours of the night/morning to see that apple's refurb store carries most any macbook/macbook pro model available. they were plentifully stocked as recently as this past saturday. anyone really looking to get, say, a $799 1.83 cd macbook can. maybe not at this precise moment, but check back in 12 hours or so.

18. waynergy macrumors newbie

19. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

They may restock late tonight, but over the last month they've been fully stocked with almost everything, other than a few custom configured Mac Pros, almost any time day or night... I've been in and out of the there most days and then again in the evening, trying to figure out what sort of system I should buy. :p (I'm waiting for Leopard and iLife 07, so it's moot now ;))

20. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

21. Scorpius macrumors newbie

There were several MBP C2Ds on there earlier today, but they're gone now. You definitely have to keep an eye on it and if you see what you want, act quickly.