no midi after system re-install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by backini, Dec 8, 2004.

1. backini macrumors newbie

Hi there, I can't seem to get my midi working again after a system re-install. I have a G4 dual 867 with m-audio audiophile 2496 using logic in os9 and live 4 in osx.
    What happened was I experienced problems with osx (couldn't open some DMG files, lost any trace of the sound card in osx but not in os9) I tried resetting preferences (apple+option+r+p on start up for three chimes) but had no luck and after a little research, decided to reboot off cd, this still didn't resolve issues so I bought a new firewire drive and did a fresh install onto that, then ran latest updates to 10.2.8. This seemed to do the trick, I can now see the sound card on all apps and get audio in and out but I can't get any midi into either of my apps. I re-installed the latest drivers for both operating systems, I've tried physically changing the pci slot from 5 to 4, no luck so back to 5 again, I've spoken softly to it and shouted obscenities but nothing seems to work.
    the fact that it seems to have happened in both operating systems leads me to suspect a hardware error, I know I've got midi going into the card, its just not going anywhere else.
    Any thoughts anyone...?

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Have you installed the latest M-audio drivers? it may be that they are intended for 10.3.x rather than 10.2, it's been a while since Panther now.

I take it you've repaired permissions etc.

Try www.osxaudio.com they'll have some ideas, but it may be time to update further.