No MIDI Playback Problem - Roland XP-30

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mtsfestivus, Dec 18, 2004.

1. mtsfestivus macrumors newbie

I've had a Roland XP-30 and just got the M-Audio MidiSport Uno and downloaded the latest drivers from the site. The device is recognized on my Powerbook, but I can't get any audio playback from the keyboard. I've tried messing with settings on the keyboard, but still can't get it to play or record on my Powerbook. In GarageBand, Reason, and Audio MIDI Setup the device is properly recognized. I'm not sure what's wrong.

Can anyone please help?

2. mtsfestivus thread starter macrumors newbie

3. FozzyWHU macrumors newbie

Ancient thread I know, but I'm having the exact same problem.

New iMac, OSX 10.5.6. Garageband recognises the inputs but no sound is forthcoming.

Any chance of some help, please?

Many thanks.

F

4. the finster macrumors newbie

Actually this is a question... I don't know how to "post" this.

But I'll ask anyways. My son has an electric drum set and... this may be a lame question but I should be able to plug it into me "Garageband" on my iMac and he can record and interact... right?
    Do I just need the correct plug? MIDI out to the iMac firewire 800?

5. andyschwander macrumors newbie

If anyone has a solution, please post it, I'm having the same problem!

6. bmalbon macrumors newbie

My Solution

Hi - know this is an old thread, but someone may stumble across it like I did and need the same info...

My XP-30 was recognized by GB, but wasn't playing - ie, no MIDI signal from the kbd.

There's a switch on the back of the XP-30, right next to the MIDI jacks where you can select Mac, PC-1, PC-2 or MIDI. I set this switch to MIDI + rebooted the kbd. That did it for me. Oh, and I just have a M-Audio MIDI to USB cable.

Hope that helps someone... be well.