no more diet...i am done for now

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Nov 30, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i have become noticeably thinner and i am no longer obese or fat

i could stand to lose more weight and lose ten more pounds if i want to fit that perfect weight/height ratio, but i am ok with where i am

i don't believe in a diet of changing foods, but believe in eating less of the same foods

the atkins diet could work fast but at my age with my tendency towards high cholesterol can cause problems if done over a long period of time

over exercise can do wonders at fast weight loss but i would rather keep exercise at a moderate amount and lose the weight slower

this so-called diet took several months instead of weeks but hopefully, i can keep the weight off this time;)
  2. Kethoticus macrumors 6502

Yeah, it seems like no one system works for everyone. You gotta do what works best for you. I need to lose about 60lbs myself, and have yet to find anything I can stick with. Flatteringly, people say I don't look that much overweight, but a large bone structure helps present that illusion. My cardiovascular system knows the difference.

I commend you Jef for having the self-discipline to accomplish this. I trust you are exercising as well? God willing, I'm gonna get a bike soon. Sitting in front of a computer so many hours/week has hurt me physically. But I think a bike might be one of those systems that works for me, specifically.
  3. drastik macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2002
    Jef, my friend, you have served as an isperation to at least one of us on these boards:)

congradulations on losing some of the weight. I find myself full and, yes, fat after this holliday wekend. Sad, I know, but I will diet nontheless.

Though you may have beaten me on the diet scale, our politics are still in line.

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
    Well done jef, it all matters wether your happy with yourself! And if your happy then thats all that matters.

Well done dude, keep up the great work, now go find chicks and put the body to good use :D
  5. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Jun 3, 2002
    Good for you!
    As a person who has had weight problems all his life, I can relate to your weight issue....I myself started a diet about 3 weeks ago, after getting my annual physical (the first one since high school:D). the doctor politely told me I was fat and had to lose weight (my interpretation of her words). So now I'm trying.
    Keep us informed on how you do through the holidays. If you do well, hopefully it will inspire the rest of us fatties to stay on our diets through the holidays:D.
  6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

Jul 9, 2000
  7. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Congratulations Jeff!

I'm glad that you aren't on the Atkins diet, my concern would be that the increase proteins could damage the Kidneys.

I think moderation is the key. If diet and exercise are too strick that is when a person tends to give up. I applaude you on your approach.
  8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Great job, jef!

I'm still plugging away at my diet...unfortunately work and school have kept me from my regular workout schedule the last couple of weeks...

I'm hoping to get through the holiday season relatively unscathed ( ;) ) since I'll have more time for exercise between semesters.
  9. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    i don't think eating less of the same foods is the way to go...

if you take that to the extreme, it's anorexia.

i think the key is moderation (so i suppose if you ate a ton, then eating less would be moderate...). and exercise.

hungry at 11 pm right before bed? just don't have the brownie or whatever. you'll forget about it and not really miss out much

not eating meat has helped me discipline my eating like that. i generally don't eat a ton of sweets or whatever, except in whatever rare occasions. just a matter of mind over body.

easier said than done i suppose

enjoy the holiday food!
  10. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
    Congrats jef.[​IMG]

I'm still a tidy little size 8 (okay okay, size 9, blah) which is amazing considering my love for chocolate, but I'm young with a speedy metabolism so I better watch my weight in the future.
  11. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I took a poll at my school on how skinny I was (I only asked 10
    or so people), but The average was a 3 or 4. I need to go to the
    gym and make that a 5, but with muskels :D.
  12. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2002
    congrats for the weight loose.. :D

just dont let ever the weight become too big an issue, ever... my ex yellew me that i should weight 30 lb more and that was annoying, it wasnt just once or twice but he said it about every day. so just live and let live..
  13. topicolo macrumors 68000

Jun 4, 2002
    Ottawa, ON
    yeah, everybody needs more muskels... :)