No more one button mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jne381, Aug 15, 2006.

1. jne381 macrumors regular

Wait a minute! I was just looking at the Apple online store, and it appears that there is no longer an Apple one button mouse, wired or wireless. I don't know if Apple got the memo, but it appears that most people hate that Mighty Mouse thing.

I may be slow on the uptake on this issue, but is anyone else upset about this turn of events. I mean the one button mouse is (like) an Apple thing.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

My father just bought a 20" iMac with B/T keyboard and mouse and it was a one-button mouse that came, so it exists/remains on that front.

The funny thing is, Dad's switching from Windows (at 52) so he's desperate for a two-button mouse, thus the wireless mighty mouse is coming tomorrow. :rolleyes: ;)

4. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I'm happy that they've finally clued into the fact that one button mice are no longer functional. However, that Mighty Mouse is a piece of crap. I can't stand that stupid thing. It's not ergonomic at all. It's fancy looking and that's it. I love the Logitech mouse that was made specifically for Mac. There is a mouse they should use. Some day I may tell you what I really think.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

I use a one-button mouse. There was a funny picture in this forum that I can't find. Damn I'll post it if I can find it.

I second the Logitech mouse options. Ive used them and they are better. :cool:

6. portent macrumors 6502a

There are a few of them left, but Apple doesn't seem to sell them anymore.

A few third party vendors (Kensington, for one) sell them.

A pity. I use a two-button scroll mouse all day at work, and my single-button Bluetooth mouse is so much more accommodating. No matter how you hold it, it works.

7. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

This one?:D :D :D

[​IMG]

8. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

You can turn off the two-button functionality of the Mighty Mouse and use it as a one-button mouse, you know.

9. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I got my mom an iMac, which came with teh MM. I showed her how to use the computer, and then let her take over. Within five minutes I shut off the multi-button functionality.

10. wisredz macrumors regular

I don't see why so many people don't like th MM, I find it really nice. two button function is just good if you ask me. And I am using the right button quite much... thanks to WoW and Frozen Throne.

11. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

The fact still stands that mice are for wimps ;)

12. mattjgalloway macrumors member

The thing I don't like about the MM is that if you rest both fingers on the mouse like I do then it thinks you are left clicking no matter what you do... that gets annoying. I've only played with one a bit in the Apple Store though, so maybe options can be changed...

13. NickFalk macrumors 6502

NickFalk

I think the buttons on the MM are quite bad. You have to lift your left finger to right-click and on mine the side buttons have become so sensitive that it's next to impossible not to click them by mistake.

I love the scrollball though and this means I still use the MM. Also I find that it's less stressfull for the hand to use a one button-mouse as you don't have to be too carefull where you press down...

14. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Although, I did like my Apple Optical Mouse- I would have to agree and say that anyone looking for a new mouse for their Mac should check out what Logitech has to offer. :)

15. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I really enjoyed using the single button BT Apple mouse, but when the BT Mighty Mouse came on board I abandoned it without hesitation. I'm glad I did, the BT Mighty Mouse is fantastic and works flawlessly. Plus it looks great with my white MacBook :D

16. seanf macrumors 6502

Which one's that?

Thanks

Sean :)

17. GooMan macrumors regular

GooMan

I'm still looking for a good BT 2-button scroll wheel mouse for my Mac.

18. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

19. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I believe Macs still come with the one button am I wrong on that?

20. iVersa macrumors 6502

21. portent macrumors 6502a

Just the laptops.

22. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

the 'books don't come with a mouse... or its not listed as coming with one. :confused:

i'm confused as why apple does give u the option for the wireless keyboard/mouse...

23. jne381 thread starter macrumors regular

Not only do they not ship them with new Macs, but I can't even find one in the online store.

24. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

They still have one-button *trackpads* but two-finger clicking. I think that's what was meant. But then that's a pretty good arrangement by me. :)

Meh, I have an Apple Wireless Mouse and I'm pleased as ducks with it. It's one button and I get along fine for now. :)

25. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I've found that after using OS X for a year, I use keyboard shortcuts FAR more that I use the mouse. I don't really know why--never did that in XP. Maybe they're somehow more intuitive? Or perhaps since the shortcuts are almost always the same for every app, you don't have to memorize a dozen different things.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to hit "Ctrl-Q" on a Windows machine, only to get frustrated and momentarily confused when it doesn't work.

So the Two-button mouse is a non-issue to me.