no more top ten

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Apr 26, 2006.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

so for the first time in about five years, i am no longer in the top ten posters and it may be two years before i hit 10,000 posts at the much slower pace i have become accustomed to

i guess i just focus more on stuff in am interested in and i have stopped flaming a lot of the political posters :)

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It's quite a task trying to keep up with those sp...posters. :D

3. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

hmm, I thought this thread was going to be about David Letterman.

As for post counts - they've never really mattered to me, although I admit I liked getting my 'tar.

It's funny, most of my posts are in the Political Forum (I remember you jef - you should come visit), and they don't count towards your total. If they did, I would probably have over 3000, instead of the 900-or-so I have now.

whatever...

4. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

some of the big posters over 5000 posts came here relatively recently and must spend all their working hours sneaking onto macrumors, or from a computer at school instead of doing their homework

so many years it seems i realize i have been here in the top ten, longer than some marriages, sports dynasties, and a couple of presidents (carter and bush I who both served just four years)...sometimes i think i need to get more of a life

5. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

most of the political posters are left of center like me and i find i argue more with extreme left of center posters more than right of center posters ;)

a few years back the political forums got really crazy, and ugly, and i rebelled and along with others, asked the mods to step in, and the result of that was to have political forum posts not count towards ones total since this site, most of the time is a mac related site, not a name calling match that the political forums were very famous for a couple three years ago

...at least things in the political forums are much more civilized these days, yet not 100% percent civil ;)

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Yeah, I'm fine with that policy on Political Forum posts - it seems sensible. I might have just missed that heyday, joining a little over three years ago.

Nice to see that you stopped by to see us, however...don't be a stranger. We are mostly civil.

7. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

thank you

i guess i get so mad at the far leftists here since i think they are really hurting the democratic party that i am so proud of...i want to be a liberal democrat, not a marxist ;)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

MacRumors has grown. I'd say it's easier to fall into the habit of posting often now compared to earlier. Of course, in the scheme of things, I'm quite new too. :)

9. vniow macrumors G4

****, this is reminding me of the time when I was the first poster to break into the top ten after a long while.

I think you'll remember that thread from 3 years ago jef. ;)

10. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

yes, i remember those days fondly :)

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I think the fact that jefhatfield has better things to do than keep up with the frantic pace around here is a good sign.

"Everything in moderation" (no pun intended).

12. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i still have some time to myself and these forums, but i was going to embark on a five year immersed computer eng. program at univ. of california like you went through...looking at all the payoffs vs. sacrifices, i decided not to do it especially since i really don't like my computer business as it is