No more waiting for powermacs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by themacman, Feb 1, 2005.

1. themacman macrumors 6502

i just noticed this morning that all the powermacs are same business day? maybe the got the inventory they needed from IBM?

2. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

Obviously they must have the inventory.

3. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Before I get too excited, does this really mean anything?

4. gangst macrumors 6502a

Lets hope a new revision, DDR2, PCI Express Graphics, Airport N, 10,000k HD, Bluetooth 2, 20x DVD-RW, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 3.0GHZ

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Now hopefully Apple has learned their lesson. Thank you IBM for finally producing an adequate number of G5 processors. Now for both of them working in concert with the next update, so that there will be supply to meet demand.

6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Finally the delay on the 2.5s was getting annoying. Of course as soon as Apple upgrades there is going to be a 4 week wait, but that won't happen until WWDC.

7. vtprinz macrumors 6502

That would mean a full year between upgrades. I can't see that happening. PM sales are surely hurting as they're losing their competitive edge against cheaper alternatives. Apple needs to do something.

8. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

Well, it could mean something, although I wouldn't get my hopes up. The fact that they're meeting demand could mean that 1) they're increasing the supply, i.e. producing adequate supply of 2.5 ghz chips; or 2) the demand is slacking off. Hopefully, it means the former, and IBM has finally figured out how to fab 90nm 970s. This could mean that a speed bump, and possibly the introduction of the 970gx, is around the corner.