No MSN Messenger client will connect on my macbook pro!! Help me please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kennyk11@hotmai, Jun 5, 2006.

1. kennyk11@hotmai macrumors newbie

As of yesterday my Mercury Messenger stopped connecting to the micrsoft network!.. It just says "connecting" and never does. I then installed both Adium and Microsoft messenger for Mac, and for both of them i get the messages stating that the service is not available or that I may not be connected to the internet. All of the problems seems to have started since i changed my router from linksy's to a D-Link, however, i doubt this is the cause seeing that all of the other machines in my house (PCs) which are also connected to the router are able to sign in on messenger without a hitch! I am also able to sign into my Yahoo account via Adium with no problems whatsoever, and the internet works fine.. I just cant get onto msn messenger!:confused: .. I really need some help with ths ... any ideas??

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Try unplugging (from wall power) your cable or DSL or whatever modem, waiting a minute, and plugging it back in, so that it is forced to draw a new IP address....