No Multi-player mode on Cars: the Video Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by MacExplorer, Feb 5, 2007.

1. MacExplorer macrumors newbie

We can't get Multi-player mode to work on my son's G5 iMac (1.5Ghz, running OSX-10.4.8). The game won't acknowledge a "second-device" when a 2nd USB keyboard is connected. He's been patient up to now but now he's frustrated. What kind of "second-device" is it looking for?.... Anyone know?

2. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I didn't think it was possible to have two keyboards connected at the same time, but maybe I'm wrong.

Perhaps you would need a different peripheral connected, like a joystick or steering wheel?

3. MacExplorer thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Multi-player on Cars...

thanks, for the response.

I tried a USB XBOX control (borrowed...) but no luck. Think I need special "Mac" drivers to get USB XBOX working on our iMac?

4. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

Well, the secondary device definitely has to be compatible with Macs, and I don't know if an XBOX controller would jive.

I think your best bet would be to buy a computer specific controller that is compatible with Macs. If you do buy one, just make sure and open the package as neatly as possible so that if it doesn't work you can take it back to the store. ;)

Anyone else have any ideas?

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

6. bmb012 macrumors 6502

7. MacExplorer thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool! Thanks for the link, bmb012. I'll try it out when I get home. You may have won "Brownie Pts" with my son...:)

8. MacExplorer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, bmb012; you saved the day! The driver from the provided link worked! The XBox controller is now working with the Cars: Video Game on our iMac.