No Music after converting music video to ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by littlekenneth, Feb 6, 2006.

1. littlekenneth macrumors member

Jan 26, 2006

I have tried to convert music video to ipod, but for some reason, there is no sound. i wondered if i did something wrong? Thanks
  2. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    2 questions.

1) What program did you use? Quicktime Pro?

2) What format was the video originally in? if it was a MUXED (probably MPEG 1) format, that causes sound to drop when you convert it because the audio is interleaved with the video track.
  3. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

Jan 26, 2006
    When you ask about Quicktime for the ipod or itune, do you mean i can use another program to play video?

I think the file was originally MPEG, if that's the case, what can i do? Thanks a lot.
  4. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Jun 9, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    My brother just got a 30gig iPod Video for his birthday tonight, and the same thing's happening to him. I used Quicktime Pro to convert an .mpeg he had (it was a music video) and afterwards there was no audio, just the video. I also converted a DVD rip of War of the Worlds (which we own), and it worked fine with both audio and video.

So if the video/audio tracks are indeed interleaved, does this mean that all those .mpeg's he has won't convert right? That's a bit of a bummer, if there's any (preferably simple) way to get around this, we'd both really appreciate it! Thanks! :D