Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluescity

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2010
Serves him right

250.94 -5.02‎ (-1.96%‎) Jun 7 4:00pm ET
251.30‎ +0.36‎ (0.14%‎) After Hours

thinkdesign

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

"Moscone Center rented for June 27th"... OMG. First I should wait 'till WWDC. Then 1 week after. No, 2. Now wait another 3 weeks. #*%@^/+! ---- Would Apple rent a convention center, just to announce spec-bumping a few things... the Air, Mini, smaller iMac, the Pro, and the prehistoric monitor? Nah, not for small stuff like that. But if the new Apple TeeVee were to debut... oh, wait. Then that "we must Focus attention on one thing at a time" principal governs. Seems I can't win, here. Unless I wait until 2 weeks after June 27th... for a new 'Air'.

jns2001

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2009
The MBA was a nice laptop, I´ve bought two of them and although it had its irks, it was above average, I will still use mine for a while, but then new things arrive and we need to move on. I am getting an Ipad, the new Iphone, and I will use the MBP 13 issued by my company. I will sell it before it is declared EOL.

ditosou

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
hummmm

I'm with most posters here - give it a week or two at most. Safari got a major upgrade (or will) and it wasn't mentioned. This was iPhone 4's moment and iOS's moment. Quiet MBA upgrade coming soon....;)

well this kind of post from a 2002 macrumors guy gave me some hope :) ... I hope that you are not joking... I pray for a 4GB / 256 SSD MBA......

bluescity

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2010
Sigh

And what do you contribute to MR sir/mam? He was the voice of reason here

If you are implying that I was slighting Scottsdale, I guess your "Demi-God" status, whatever that means, doesn't entail the usual attributes we associate with the deity.

Obviously my "him" was a reference to Jobs, not Scottsdale. Hence the reference to the Apple stock. Look back at my own posts. Limited as they may be, you'll see I'm quite the fan of Scottsdale. And next time, a modicum of reflection will serve you well, I think.

halledise

macrumors 68000
If you are implying that I was slighting Scottsdale, I guess your "Demi-God" status, whatever that means, doesn't entail the usual attributes we associate with the deity.

Obviously my "him" was a reference to Jobs, not Scottsdale. Hence the reference to the Apple stock. Look back at my own posts. Limited as they may be, you'll see I'm quite the fan of Scottsdale. And next time, a modicum of reflection will serve you well, I think.

ooooh aaaaaaah! a flame - actually a flare.
tsk tsk :rolleyes:

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
I am not sure what to think anymore. I have been waiting for a refresh for about 8 months so i can buy. currently I have a MBP 15" but i owned an air first gen and despite a few video issues I loved it.

Many of you keep saying give it a week and there will be a silent upgrade.
My issue with that is this:

a. I feel that it is well overdue for a design change. if it does not get one I think the MBA will have a hard time staying competitive and relevent.

b. if it does get a redesign, there is no way they will upgrade it silently. it would be something they talk about like today.

c. If it does not get a redesign, for me, it will be as disappointing as nothing at all.

they have neglected this machine for too long.

halledise

macrumors 68000
https://forums.macrumors.com/members/229056/

Yeh, he is. I'd guess because of insulting as some of his post were not that nice though they were informative. Attitude is the key to the victory

maybe he suggested someone to go get rooted?
not necessarily a bad idea sometimes, but is has to be said in the nice way and accompanied by a smiley at least :)
who dares, wins

soph

macrumors regular
May 3, 2010
Mac updates will be out during the next 1-2 weeks. Same as MBP's were updated 1 week after iPad conference.

If we stick to Scottsdale's mantra ("once they got the production lines ready after the MacBook update...." or somesuch) it'll be another 2 weeks: There were 35 days aka 5 weeks between the MacBook Pro update and the MacBook update, and it's been 21 days days aka 3 weeks since. Buyer's guide is quite convenient ;)

heavenlyhero

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
I can't wait any longer. I always wanted to see how beefy they made the MBA before I decided between that and the MBP 13 anyway.

Ordered the MBP 13" today and maxed it to 8GB and 256 SSD.

Apart from the extra weight, which I'm still a bit frustrated at, this will fit my needs and then some.

If the MBA comes out in the next few weeks with 4GB and 256 SSD, I'll be pretty pi**ed. But that's just the game you play with Apple. Sometimes I almost think it would be better to be oblivious to release schedules, updates etc...

halledise

macrumors 68000
I can't wait any longer. I always wanted to see how beefy they made the MBA before I decided between that and the MBP 13 anyway.

Ordered the MBP 13" today and maxed it to 8GB and 256 SSD.

Apart from the extra weight, which I'm still a bit frustrated at, this will fit my needs and then some.

If the MBA comes out in the next few weeks with 4GB and 256 SSD, I'll be pretty pi**ed. But that's just the game you play with Apple. Sometimes I almost think it would be better to be oblivious to release schedules, updates etc...

geez you must be loaded - US$2650 for those specs (that's Aus$3500 here down under) :eek:
you would've been better off with a 15" core i5/i7 for those sort of bikkies.
or better still wait for the new Air.

(loan me a grand willya?) :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.