No new ibooks, powerbooks, etc.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by djkny, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djkny macrumors 6502

No new releases in the coming weeks. Period.
    The Apple Store (US) shipping times for PB's, iBooks, etc. are always solid indications that something's around the corner.

No such modifications to shipping times at all. Not even close @ the US Store. UK/Canada/Aus store will follow this lead, so nothing new for us means nothing new for you. Next week is certainly out (dates would've gone from the gradual 1-3 days, to 5-7 days, etc. by now).

Keep on with the threads. But know that nothing's in the pipeline. 5 gazillion iTunes songs sold or not. :(

September? Well, maybe, but that's summer's end. Paris Expo feels a long way away --- and then, having waited that long, why not wait a few more months until MWSF '06? It's an endless, sickening, OCD disease of the mind.

2. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

yeah unfortunately i think you're right

3. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

What? I was hoping to buy my PowerBook G5 this week!! :rolleyes:

I would be very surprised to see no iBook updates this summer. It's been too long now, and they should at least bump the processors a little, and maybe the video cards to 64 MB or something like that.

4. Switzermac macrumors regular

sorry but i dont think any of it will come out for a long time

5. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

And why not?

6. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

sw1tcher

OCD?

7. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

8. Alasta macrumors regular

Alasta

I'm pretty confident that we'll see something on or around the date of the Paris Expo, but I totally agree with you when you say that we won't see any updates in the coming weeks.

9. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

Because it's probably better to provide no update at all rather than to present an "all new iBook with 512MB RAM instead of 256, 64MB video ram instead of 32, everything else unchanged" update... a minor update after 9 month would be an embarressment.

10. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

I think there would have to be a processor bump along with it, but we'll just have to see how things go. Either way, it doesn't affect me, because I am very happy with my iBook, and I don't *plan* on buying anything else for a while. :cool:

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There is a moratorium on new threads speculating about upcoming PowerBooks and iBooks because of the many duplicate threads recently. Please use this thread for your discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.