Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honeycombz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2013
Can't Microsoft just fix their stupid OS so I can switch already? Tired of this. I don't care about accessing my emojis. If I want emoji I type either : ) or ( done how much do people need to emote?

Reactions: !!! and mrxak

Tesseract

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
Such a disappointing event. Even for Macbook Pro users. "Hey here's an extra touchpad for when you don't want to use a mouse. It will be poorly supported and will lag too much to want to use for putting emojis in your family newsletter after the next 2 security updates."

honeycombz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2013
Screen-Shot-2016-10-27-at-19.17.53-796x485.png

Reactions: SDAVE and robotica

Chung123

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2013
NYC
I love the idea of a Mac Pro, but I can see the MacBook Pro plus all some externals monitors being pretty awesome for Final Cut Pro X. Work on the go.. and work at an office. Is that the idea?

Reactions: Otaviano

phybron

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2014
Can't Microsoft just fix their stupid OS so I can switch already? Tired of this. I don't care about accessing my emojis. If I want emoji I type either : ) or ( done how much do people need to emote?

Windows 10 is actually ok. I finally switched last week after being with Mac for 15 years. I managed to wrangle Windows 10 into a usable state. It's not perfect, but then neither is macOS. Some of the usability really grates, but overall I'm glad I switched. I now have the modular desktop that I want. It's quiet, stable, and I can change parts as I see fit. I'm not missing any Mac-specific applications so far.

Chung123

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2013
NYC
Maybe if you're not doing any serious editing that requires RAM or compute power.

My 6 core 2010 Mac Pro with dual 7950 AMD cards and 16 gigs ram cuts 4K footage quite well. If the MacBook Pros offer fast enough performance comparable to that.. it might be fine in my opinion, but I'm not a super power user.
[doublepost=1477594566][/doublepost]Still, how hard is it for Apple just to at least just "update" the current cylinder? It's crazy!

Reactions: marioman38

--AG--

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
I have less need for my laptops now than before thanks to Dropbox/iCloud/OneDrive etc... One desktop at home and one at work, all folders synced. Some years ago I used to carry laptops between work and home, not anymore. I am not sure Apple is playing their cards right this time. If I could wish for something it would be a mac server, that all my apple gadgets could connect to... keyboards+screens, apple TV, iPads, etc...

Reactions: NY Guitarist

violst

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2012
I just checked the apple site for the new macbook pro. You still only get a maximum 16gigs of ram. 32gigs needs to be the bare minimum these days for more pro level work. This event was a big fail for me across the board. Those macbook pros stink! I'll ride out my Mac Pro and then its an HP Z for me!!

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I just checked the apple site for the new macbook pro. You still only get a maximum 16gigs of ram. 32gigs needs to be the bare minimum these days for more pro level work. This event was a big fail for me across the board. Those macbook pros stink! I'll ride out my Mac Pro and then its an HP Z for me!!

Wow, only 16 GB of RAM? 32 is my bare minimum now as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.