No New Macbook Pro's :-(

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DSchwartz88, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 18, 2006
    #1
    So WWDC keynote is over. And no macbook pro was announced. What i should i do for a macbook pro, i dont need one right and can wait untill decemberish to buy one. When do you think they will release the new one?

    Dan
     
  2. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2006
    #2
    YES NO UPDATE TODAY that means they won't be updating the macbook for a while I can finally go buy one OMG waited so long....
     
  3. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

    AJ Muni

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2005
    Location:
    Miami
    #3
    The more you wait, the more time you dont get to have one. As quoted by MANY Macrumor members and myself "If you need it now, get it now. If you can wait, then wait." No matter what you get, its going to get outdated sooner or later.
     
  4. macaddicted macrumors regular

    macaddicted

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Down on Copperline...
    #4
    Well drat.

    The wait continues. I too don't need one now, I really just want to replace my ThinkPad T60. Love the hardware, hate the OS. But I have proprietary software that is only available in Window$. I know the various pieces of software work in Boot Camp, and waiting several more weeks is not going to be TOO much of a burden... :(
     
  5. DSchwartz88 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 18, 2006
    #5
    yea i know, i can wait. it just sucks. I want a 64bit merom so im not totally outdated with leopard. I can wait, it just sucks
     
  6. clayj macrumors 604

    clayj

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2005
    Location:
    visiting from downstream
    #6
    Glad to see my 2.16 GHz MacBook Pro is STILL the fastest one available...

    There's nothing quite like your computer being the fastest thing available for a long time... :)
     
  7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

    2nyRiggz

    Joined:
    Aug 20, 2005
    Location:
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    #7
    I'm not ready for a new lineup of MBP or MB.....glad that they only updated the big gun.....gives me time to save more.





    Bless
     
  8. balamw Moderator

    balamw

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    New England
    #8
    Well there's always next Tuesday!

    I hear the PB G5's are coming out then. ;)

    (Well someone had to say it).

    B
     
  9. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2006
    #9
    YES YES NO UPDATE!!! wooo I am so happy. macbook here I come
     
  10. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

    LillieDesigns

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2005
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #10
    I would have liked the Nano upgrade, but I rather have no upgrades than my week old iMac being out of date already.
     
  11. witness macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2005
    Location:
    Austria
    #11
    I really need a macbook pro that supports 4GB of ram and runs cooler, so I'm a little disappointed. But hopefully it will be a silent Tuesday thing.
     
  12. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2006
    #12
    THere's always dell LOL
     
  13. balamw Moderator

    balamw

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    New England
    #13
    Don't forget Paris. We'll always have Paris. ;)

    B
     
  14. kgarner macrumors 68000

    kgarner

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2004
    Location:
    Utah
    #14
    Glad I found this thread. I was really hoping that they would update to the Merom chip. I am going to pick up new MBP (my first laptop) at the beginning of the semster and an update right now would have made my day.

    What will probably happen now is that I will get mine at the beginning of the semster and they will update at Paris. Oh well, I am getting a smoking deal on this (fully loaded for less than the stock educational discount) so I can't complain too much.
     
  15. amin macrumors 6502a

    amin

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2003
    Location:
    Boston, MA
    #15
    The Merom processors will be in MBPs soon. No way Apple is gonna stand around while the Dells get 'em. It'll happen before the month is up.
     
  16. balamw Moderator

    balamw

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    New England
    #16
    It'll happen as soon as they can say, available today, just as they did with the Mac Pros.

    B
     
  17. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

    Unorthodox

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2006
    Location:
    Not at the beach...
  18. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

    mcgarry

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2004
  19. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

    MovieCutter

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Location:
    Washington, DC
    #19
    Probably shouldn't have sold that MacBook Pro 17" so early...bollocks. :mad:
     
  20. JasonElise1983 macrumors 6502a

    JasonElise1983

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2003
    Location:
    Between a rock and a midget
    #20
    here is my question. If i order it today and an updated MBP comes out before i open mine, can i return it for the new one no charge? I'll be ordering it through the EDU, but i really need it ASAP, and i'm just tired of waiting.
     
  21. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #21
    Tons of Core 2 Duo PCs outstrip this today. Shame on Apple, wtf are they doing.

    The Mac Pro is *so* underwhelming for $2499. Geforce 7300GT, HA HA HA. Even the most expensive mac can't even play games. Go figure.
     
  22. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

    ImNoSuperMan

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2005
    #22
    Atleast you have the new MacPro now. Play with it till the MBP arrives:)
     
  23. Russellosbor macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2002
    #23
    Stuck in a Big Ol'e Pickle

    Alright School starts the 26th of august for me 27th of august for my girlfriend. We are both waiting patiently for the macbook pro to ship with the memron chip in it. We have till like the day before than to wait but she NEEDS a comp before she goes off to school i might be able to hold out. Should i tell her to go ahead and buy one to guarantee it's at her door before school starts or what? Or would it be worth the wait and cut it close?
     
  24. balamw Moderator

    balamw

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2005
    Location:
    New England
    #24
    I haven't seen any Core 2 Duo notebook that are shipping today, most seem to be available in the second half of August (yes, I know it's only a little over a week away...) You have a link to one of these super boxes?

    B
     
  25. witness macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2005
    Location:
    Austria
    #25
    I have considered that. Dell + Ubuntu + VMWare. But I just can't bring myself to pay for such an ugly machine that will probably fall apart long before its time.
     

Share This Page