Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
There goes......ummm....everything. Someone tell me I am wrong. I would love to be wrong.

P.S. Just thinking....does this mean no live stream, and following one will be available, or no stream period?

Powerbook G5

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
St Augustine, FL
I hope it's just no live stream, which could be obvious since it will be like 3 am ET here when it is being given in Paris. WWDC didn't have a live stream, either, but one that followed a few hours later. I would hope that they included the same thing for Paris that we could watch the next day.

GregGomer

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2002
Even if new hard ware was coming, it's more likely to be released out side of MacWorld unless it was something huge, like the G5 or 17" powerbook, but other wise Apple has gotten away from Hard Ware at expos. Probably announced the week of or after on their site.

If anything I only expected to learn more about Panther, and to maybe get a release date. That wouldn't get streamed, we'll probably be able to watch a stream of it later, but I doubt it would be a live stream.

bobindashadows

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2002
Well, how about we make completely unfounded conclusions based on the facts we know:

a) Steve is speaking

b) No Live Stream

Well Jeez, come on, it's obvious nothing is coming out, despite, like was mentioned, WWDC wasn't live streamed. (on the net, I mean)

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
hmmm. Annoying but I wouldn't read into it. No doubt it'll be posted on Apple's site after the event.

I don't give a crap about folding, because I have to pay electric bills, and my G4 is a ***** when it comes to the bills

:confused:

AppleMatt

simX

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2002
Bay Area, CA
Originally posted by AppleMatt
:confused:

AppleMatt

(i.e.: G4 sucks power; power costs money; power bills ask for money; money goes away after paying bills. Ergo, turn off G4, money stays. :) )

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
hopefully this means Apple will do something like they did with WWDC. then when they show it a couple of hours later they have time to edit out all the mishaps. ;) :p

pyrotoaster

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2002
Oak Park, IL
I'm not surprised in the slightest by this. A live stream would be nice, but only so many people would bother getting up at 2 AM to watch it. It may not be worth the work.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Life sucks.. but in reality, for people living West of Europe (read: Americas), need not worry. In EST, the Paris keynote is like 3am in the morning!

Get a good night sleep and watch the speech at work or at uni or something!

alia

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2003
Tampa, FL (Orlando, 2003 - 2023)
Originally posted by pyrotoaster
I'm not surprised in the slightest by this. A live stream would be nice, but only so many people would bother getting up at 2 AM to watch it. It may not be worth the work.

And I was really hoping it was worth the look! :)

Alia

Photorun

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2003
NYC
Craporola. I wish Apple/Jobs would get it through their thick thick skulls that PR/buzz is GOOOOOD!!! WTF do they think they'd gain by not showing it? Moronic move... that is, if this rumor is true.

Then again, maybe they'll show it on MSNBC only on Windoze Media player like the Apple Music store announcement/keynote was. GRRRR!!!

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
Originally posted by pyrotoaster

Get up? Who's said we all went to bed that early?

On the other hand, going to bed and waking up to new Powerbooks would be kinda like Christmas. :D

... In his sharp Gap turtleneck all wooly and black, I knew at once what he had in his sack....

And Santa Jobs exclaimed as he drove out of sight:
"Merry iPods to all, and to all a Panther night! Ho-ho-ho!"

groovebuster

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
3rd rock from the sun...
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
I hope it's just no live stream, which could be obvious since it will be like 3 am ET here when it is being given in Paris.

Don't be so self-centered! ;) 50% of Apple's customers are not living in North America and they maybe would like to know too what is going on. And since this Macworld is targeting the european market it would be more than fair if european mac-heads can follow the keynote, don't you think?

groovebuster

onemilkid

macrumors newbie
No Stream

I think it is **** that there will be no stream, because then I've to raise my head to the stage instead of looking at my laptop, cause I got K badges for the Keynote next week. I will be there when Steve-O announces:

Wireless-Bluetooth-Mouse and Keyboard
New PowerBooks
New Phillips-RendezVous AV Home Device
New Soundsticks (5.1 Surround)
New 17/20/23 and 33" Cheesegrater Displays
Panther
New XServe and Raid
iApp-Updatorama
iTunes Store Europe in September
iTunes for Windoes in October

orion123

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2003
Boston
Has MW Paris ever been streamed live? I don't think so. In fact, I can't remember anything that was streamed live other than MWSF, MWNY and Seybold.

iPod launch wasn't, iTMS wasn't, G5 at WWDC wasn't. Was the white iBook launch special announcement live? I don't think it was.

It's 3am, it's tough to set up a huge transatlantic mp4 stream with a live broadcast control room, and besides, it will probably be available a few hous later, which is when I'll be waking up anyways.

Shrike_Priest

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2002
Crap... I would have loved to see it live. It can't be that hard can it, they've done it in the past.

I don't think Apple understands how much of an impact the keynotes have.

At least when it comes to Mac users, that's like the number one event of the year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.