Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wry Cooter

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2002
Originally posted by asurace

I'm not sure but there is probably a springboard module you could buy to add bluetooth (if not one is probably in the works)

Mmm, we're talking about the Treo phones, not the Visor, or the treo PDAs. Aren't springboard modules something you plug into a handspring Visor, which has a fairly obvious hole to plug in a gizmo? The Treo Phones seem to be a fairly closed architecture to me, like most cell phones. But I'm willing to be educated if my impression is mistaken.

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
A friend of mine has a Treo 270, and I don't think there are any expansion slots...........which is kinda a bummer

What is this about OS X lite?

HasanDaddy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Los Angeles
btw,

if it helps to clarify, I am one of those people who wants my entire office, in one tiny package, that I can fit in my pocket......Treo so far seems like the best solution

Wry Cooter

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2002
Now if there was only a Treo phone with Bluetooth.

And coverage in my area with my preferred carrier.

Palm PDA phones have been around for a while, it is just that their usage is dependant on the networks, and carriers in place, and whether a region can or wants to support the phone.

kiwi_the_iwik

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2001
London, UK
Originally posted by synergy

Powerful because it has a 20GB HD in it?
I can pop on a 200GB HD on an old 486 and get it to run under linux. Does that make it 10 times more powerful than an iBook with 20GB HD?

Yes, yes...

OK. So, powerful was definitely the wrong word to describe it. But compared to the problems associated with the Newton's storage capabilities (or lack thereof), a 20 Gb HD would be bigger than anything I've seen on the market, and also double as an emergency startup drive if anything went wrong with the Mac.

Still, I think that Wry's got it sussed out though. A nice PDA in Tablet form - about the size of an A6 sheet should be about right...;)

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
My mistake, I was under the impresion that all Handspring products had the springboard slot.

sneed

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Re: No PDA, no iPhone :(

Originally posted by mcrain

NO, DON'T DO IT!!!!

Wait for the sony ericson p800, or one of the other phones coming soon. One has video conferencing, the p800 has a camera and pda functions.

The Treo got poor reviews, and the phones coming are really amazing.

Is there any word as to whether the p800 work with isync? I haven't seen any info one way or the other.

Liamcow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
IPod as a PDA?

Hey, with all the hacks out there, I have basically turned my iPod into a PDA/organizing device. maybe Apple is going to push more additions to the iPod making a popular item a useful device.

And the way Steve loves to slip hidden charges into updates, he'll make a bundle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.