No Pepsi/iTunes Promotion in 2006?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ShadyMac, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ShadyMac macrumors member

I haven't heard anyone talk about it, so I take it there isn't going to be one? Anyone want's to guess the next promotion?

2. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Isn't it normally in February?

And its currently December...

but there most likely will be one - three of my friends won one free song, registered for iTunes, and still buy from iTMS today.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I believe it starts right after the Super Bowl. Well, it has, so I'm basing my guess on history.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We heard about the February 2004 PepsiTunes promotion in October 2003, but we didn't hear about the February 2005 PepsiTunes promotion until mid-January 2005. So if they are running it again, we may not hear about it until next month.

5. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Nothing to worry about. Last time we didn't hear about it untill mid January.

I really love that contest with the "tilt bottle trick":D But I never did win a mini. If they have it this year do you think they will be giving away TV shows, songs, nanos or iPods? (or mabey all them)

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

maybe i can actually win a song for once. I'm 0 and some very high number :rolleyes: :eek:
    maybe this year Q can spell out his whole name lol

7. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

Pepsi will be needing some sort of winter promotion -- and since iTunes has been it to reasonable success (if I recall) for the past two years, I'd say it's far too early to suggest a change. I go to a Pepsi-exclusive school with easy-to-raid recycling boxes, so it's easy for me to get a lot of music on Pepsi's dime.

Maybe they'll have Nanos this year.

8. MacEffects macrumors 6502

Apple and Pepsi are still working with each other, so I'd still image we'd be looking forward to it soon (weather its on months or five). And it'd be crazy of Pepsi not to support Apple, since the Music and the iPod's are becoming well known in every household, but I'd think if anything its up to Apple. Of course there has been a lot of changes with the Macs and such, but I'd think the music industries going to stay the same for awhile...

Just my two cents ;)

9. ShadyMac thread starter macrumors member

Well it's mid January and still we haven't heard about any promotions. I should've jumped on the PayPal promotion.

10. jkelly888 macrumors regular

jkelly888

when itunes had the promotion with 7eleven with codes on the cup, same 1 in 3 wins thing, over the course of the promotion, i bought about 5 slurpees and won all 5 times. i guess i was just lucky. though i'd really be happy if they did that again because that time, i never cashed them in because i wasn't really into downloading music then

11. JasonReid macrumors member

I remember two years ago when they had the first promotion.. that's what got me into itunes initially. Last year, everyone at my school would throw away the winning caps, becuase they didn't care for itunes. But now, with more people having iPods, I bet they'll hold on to the caps:cool:

I hope they do this promotion again

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Yeah, me too. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease, Pepsi. Hit us again!

We're letting our Pepsi inventory run down this month so we can stock up if they announce a new promotion.

13. applekid macrumors 68020

Our school had to switch to Coke machines this year... :mad:

Although, I enjoy my Coke out of the bottle more than Pepsi out of a bottle. But, I like Pepsi out of a can better than Coke out of a can... :confused:

14. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

Didn't they team up with Yahoo! Music Engine? I hope if they don't team up with Apple (my ideal case is that they WOULD), they at least team up with yahoo!.

15. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

link? I never heard this.

this is what got me into iTunes in the first place, and later compelled me to buy an iPod. I'm strange in that, I used iTunes far before I ever used an iPod.

The iPod switched me to the Mac, as well.

16. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am not bad as you re, but I do hope for a Pepsi/iTunes promotion for the Super Bowl. I may not as many songs as I did when there were the "two of us". But I think I could do well....

17. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

That's the point :p

18. cgratti macrumors 6502a

cgratti

I hope they hold it this year, I won like 50 songs last year....

19. ShadyMac thread starter macrumors member

Well it doesn't look like we'll have it this year.:mad:

I notice that pepsi bottles in stores now have some kind of promotion already.

20. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Yeah, I noticed that too. Will be interesting to see figures comparing units sold (Pepsi soda brands) for this year and last year during the iTunes promo. If it tanks like I think it will, it may be back next year.

21. ShadyMac thread starter macrumors member

Anyone know where to find free iTune codes?:D

Maybe we should start a thread and it tells us where you can find free iTunes codes:confused:

22. adk macrumors 68000

adk

It's definitely already a sticky in this forum.

23. scu macrumors regular

One can always get the free song of the week. Sometimes they are pretty good.