No Photoshop for Intel-Macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by localghost, Mar 27, 2006.

1. localghost macrumors regular

"Adobe says univeral Photoshop CS2 binary will take too much time to produce and makes no sense."

"So far, Adobe has not released any official estimated release date for Photoshop CS2 to be ported. According to Byer's blog, a release date for universal Photoshop CS2 may never come at all. In fact, Byer says that it makes more sense for both Adobe to focus on making Photoshop CS3 as robust and polished as possible, and for Apple's customers to wait for Photoshop CS3."

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1462

2. NightLord macrumors regular

So basically the topic titles wrong.

The way you put it, you make it sound like it'll never happen, but you merely mean that it will not happen with the current version. QED

3. Some_Big_Spoon macrumors 6502a

Some_Big_Spoon

Seems like someone wanting to scoop a thread. Adobe dev's blog just laid out their "reasoning". XCode apparently isn't up to large, complex programs (with tons of glued together bloat code), so they need to do a substantial rewrite.

I think it's BS frankly, and that it's all about money with shots of them trying to suck the life out of Macromedia's products.

4. localghost thread starter macrumors regular

sorry for the missleading title, can't change it now, just wanted to share a story, thats all

5. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

It's not really BS. Moving to a completely new development environment and porting code on apps as large as those take time. I highly doubt Adobe would release buggy software too so I'm sure it needs to go through extensive testing. With all this time spent to go universal binary, CS3 will already be out. So they made a pretty sound business decision to just work on CS3. Yes, a lot of CS2 customers will get screwed, but at the same time Adobe is getting screwed by apple because they are forced to move to a new development environment which is slower and less stable than what they currently use.

6. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

This is not a new story. The debate has been raging since Macworld. Not having Photoshop ready for intel macs have kept a lot of people from upgrading. Me included.

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Exactly, we also have about a dozen threads that address this same topic.

8. godbout macrumors regular

My buddies MBP runs CS really reliably and fast... well faster than my PB... so I don't know why people are holding off for universal when PS is almost as fast with the new CPUs under rossetta (of course when you start comparing powermacs this might not be the case but since they are not out for intel yet then it is a non issue)

9. localghost thread starter macrumors regular

Big deal, then it's an affirmation of an old rumor, it's not like that kind of information is completely uncommon here.

If you meant to say it's the exact same person stating the exact same thing, please provide a link because I can't find it.

I should have known that mac+adobe+intel=sensitive and put some thought in the thread title :rolleyes:

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

well we know that Abode wont be coming out with a UB from This Feb. 1st article.

Then there was this article. Which I thought we had a thread on, but it perhaps I am wrong. sorry.

11. Johnny Rico macrumors 6502

CS2 runs better on my MBP than on my (G4) imac.. Don't know what all the complaints are about.

12. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think Adobe made a stretegic decision not to bother with UB for CS2 as they prefer focusing on CS3. As a 4 G4 Mac portable owners, I should be able to keep chugging with my current machines as far as running CS2 for the next few years. I feel Apple will keep G5 (or G4) model well into 2007 for people who needs to use CS2 extensively.