No Powerbooks At COMPUSA!!!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by theipodgod16, Aug 21, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502

I was at my local compUSA today, and the 15'' powerbook which was there last week was gone. I inquired, and the sales guy informed me that he sold it. There Is only one 15'' left in the store, and its a display one. NONE IN STOCK. Could our day finally be approaching??

2. Guest

shecky

that can easily be an isolated 1 store only inventory issue.

what is FAR more interesting is that on CompUSA's website they are listing the following:

12" powerbook superdrive = SOLD OUT

15" powerbook combo = 2-4 weeks

15" powerbook superdrive = 2-4 weeks

everything else is 1-2 days.

hmmmmmmmm...........

3. Gus
    macrumors 65816

Gus

When I went over to configure a 12" PowerBook for fun yesterday it said 3-5 days shipping, now it says 7-10 days. Who knows? Well, other then Steve-o, that is. ;)

Regards,
    Gus

4. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

Maybe Steve is doing the same thing to figure out when the heck they can ship them :D It seems like no one knows anymore. Does Motorola even know that they are supposed to be supplying G4s to Apple?

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

whatever happens, 2 things are clear:
    1. Apple wanted to keep an OS9 Bootable portable on the line for as long as they could
    2. Whenever this update happnes, (paris, if u ask me) its obviously a big update. Keep your hopes up!

6. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

With all the people jumping at the drop of an electron since January, I'm beginning to think it would probably be more accurate to have a gypsy read SJs {deleted :eek: } in order to find the new PB15 ship date.