NO POWERMAC'S = GOOD NEWS

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JRM PowerPod, Apr 19, 2005.

1. JRM PowerPod macrumors 6502

It's good that Tuesday's usual time for upgrades has come and gone as it means TS has lost its' touch

TS originally said NAB. It has come and gone. Now why wouldn't Apple update their meager updates of 200mhz now? It would seem logical so that people can have their G5's and FCP Studio ordered together. But to no avail. Why? TS has been suckered by the source which has made them so reliable. Apple. And now what has happened is Apple is using this well regarded site to publish rumoured machines at under spec'ed configs so the real announcement of Dual Cores shocks all. I don't have any proof of what i say. But Powermac's are 120 days over average update (serious update), CHUD listed support for 4 processors, and Apple aren't completely stupid. Apple aren't going to stuff up their last chance at taking superiority completely away from PC's (better OS and betters specs) Apple has let us down in the past, but this is the new Apple. ~~~~~ I hope!

Last Note: We will see Dual Cores or atleast 3GHZ otherwise Steve won't be game to do rock up to WWDC. He'll have to do the Keynote via iSight to prevent the 800 negative responses to the frontpage ts rumor invading the stage and taking him hostage to ransom him for a 'real' upgrade

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I agree with this position, and am hopeful that Apple will wow us all at WWDC (just two more months, folks).
    Sadly, it also means there will likely be no pending iMac updates, as I wouldn't expect Apple to move the iMac processor speed much closer to the PM. I have an approved PO on my desk at work for 4 iMacs, which I am going to hold onto until the Tuesday after Tiger is released, just in case we get a surprise. After that, I'm ordering.

3. Rob587 macrumors 6502a

Rob587

wouldnt it seem abvious that they are probally going to release them on the same day that they release tiger so that ppl will buy them at all of the apple store tiger premiers? just my opinion.

4. daveL macrumors 68020

daveL

Well, except that NAB isn't over; it runs through the 21st.

5. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I thought TS was implying some time in the next few weeks, not necessarily this Tuesday.

6. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

I think they implied Tuesday/Monday and then they've said "Actually No, It's in the next two weeks" when they realized they were wrong.

The thing is, we've all come to rely on good old TS for our information, but lets face it - they're galloping up diarrhoea drive without a saddle at the moment. The Law could very possibly reign very heavily on them, and they could even be sued for damages to the company sales. Throw in the fact that the sources of the information may be leaking false in order to give us a real supprise, and the fact that SURELY Think Secret must have lost it's drive after the company they've been following loyally bites them in the butt, and I think the conclusion is that we HAVE to take the new rumors with a pinch of salt.

The rumor world will never be the same again. I think it's a good thing.