No price drops yet, when do you expect them to happen?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by igmolinav, Sep 20, 2005.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

No price drops yet, or powerbook update, when do you think any of them will happen?

Thank you,

igmolinav.

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm expecting updates this week to occur along with Paris Expo 9/20 - 24. Update possible tomorrow. Most of the time Apple increases the specifications and nether lowers or raises the price. The older version usually gets a lower price though.

3. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Yeah, don't expect price drops. If they happen, they're a bonus.

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Probably in the next couple of weeks. That'll happen when something isn't ready in time for an expo, or they just release a minor speed bump or price drop. PowerMacs are more than likely next up, but if we don't see updates to either by early November, it isn't happening until mid to late January. :(

5. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

I hoped for a price drop in powerbooks ....

Hi !!!

I hoped for a price drop in powerbooks this week but looks like my hope will vanish (just a little, he, he)

Best,

igmolinav.

6. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Expectations of a price drop on Apple products is like patiently waiting for President Bush to acknowledge mistakes relating to the mess in Iraq. Anything is possible, but I hope you can hold your breath for quite some time.

7. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

everyone is trying to figure out when these updates are going to happen. We'll see what happens during this Apple Expo, we are 2 days into it, and we have gotten nothing. I'm hoping for the best, expecting the worst to happen.