No REAL news

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jimN, Jan 3, 2006.

1. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

7 days til keynote and there's no concrete news as yet but the rumours abound. All credit to Apple for consistently managing to keep the wool pulled over people's eyes in spite of such a commited (commitable!) following. It must be easier to keep things under wraps if anything that is to be announced hasn't gone into full production as yet - could this support the idea that new products will be announced for future sale as opposed to the "In stores now" that I seem to recall the Nano unveiling - quite remarkable given that no-one had really called it before the event (although there's some chap with iPod in his name who was pretty spot on with the Nano and the new iPod with video as I remember it).

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, three cheers for whoever it is at Apple who is responsible for plugging the leaks. He's a legend... and an almighty pain in the backside!

2 questions:
    Is there an MWSF keynote countdown widget?
    From past precedent where does the keynote appear for download? I'd like to avoid all the text based live-ish feeds and watch the whole thing without being told what's going to happen - like where they put the score on the news just before Match of the Day.

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I believe as of late the KeyNote is available to be watched the day after. If you can wait that long then you should not even know MacRumors.com exists... :)

There are some rumors here and there on page 2. I think mostly the rumor is that something (rumor mill leaning towards Mac Mini's and possibly a laptop) is going to go Intel this January. Also the 1GB Shuffle is being phased out probably, due to the fact that it is unavailable. Replaced with something and if so with what? Who knows.

But there will be a flying spaghetti monster laser engraved iPod. That's for sure.

3. jimN thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimN

I read the rumours as religiously as the next freak, and i'm on this website several times a day (or hour!). But there's no widespread agreement between the rumour sites and more importantly no pictures - although obviously even these can be faked and there's good precedent for this. Still it's all fairly impressive.

4. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

There is a countdown widget, I'll PM it to you when I get home.

AppleMatt

5. jimN thread starter macrumors 6502a

jimN

That's very kind of you, thanks