No refurbs????? :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Cybergypsy, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

For the last week the refurbs have all but dried up.........nothing at all there....

Somehow i find that strange...

Any thoughts ???????????

2. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I noticed that, too, but I don't know if that has any bearing on future releases. I could be that the "buggy" units have all been cycled through, and there's just nothing coming in for replacement now.

Of course, that's not near as much fun as reading a hidden meaning into it! I LOVE Apple pre-prerelease season! ;)

3. rogersmj macrumors 68020

rogersmj

No offense, CyberGypsy, but someone posts a thread just like this at least every other week. It's typically just the ebb and flow of back stock.

4. bill4588 macrumors 6502a

bill4588

i think that the refurbs available has nothing to do with future products/updates. There's no reason to stop selling perfectly useful machines because they're about to release a new product.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

apple replenishes its stock in the middle of the night but gets quickly snatched up by the early/late morning. i was browsing the price lists of macbooks in the refurb store late last night (thinking of a second macbook). just because you don't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there. the only time it was really dry in the last week was the weekend. try checking back at 2 am pdt.

6. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

I HAVE seen refurbs on Apple the past few days, a number of them? They've had a number of C2D Macbooks, and some 2.16 C2D MBP's as well? What do you mean there haven't been any there? There were at least 5 this morning?

7. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I check 2 xs a day....nothing much on there at all, even early..........

8. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Well, this was a screenshot from about 10 am central time this morning...and there were 3 Macbooks above it (2x2.0 C2D White w/512, and a 1.83 ghz CD White)...so there were at least 6 this morning...just gotta keep checking I guess...
    [​IMG]

9. Cybergypsy thread starter macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

There is no where near the amount there was 1 month ago.....

10. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

Dare it be said that that's a good thing? Less returned Macs perhaps? Or more likely as mrogers says, it's just the ebb and flow of stock.

I really don't see what the fuss is all about. It used to be the case - in the UK anyway - that the refurb store was only open one day a week....

11. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

Nah, it's hit and miss. Sunday night/Monday morning (~1 or 2 AM) is a good time to check and MBP 15" 2.33's are the first to go. Refurb stock depends much on the whims of the buying public, both now and at the time the machines were originally purchased (i.e., before they were returned).

12. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

Definitely no refurbs, except these:

13. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

There are literally 14 different MacBook Pro configs and 4 different MacBook configs on there as of right now. You have to check very early in the morning...

14. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    Damn, the 15" glossy 2.16ghz I just bought last week and that arrived on Monday is up there right now. w/ my apple education discount, its $200 cheaper than what I paid. Actually, if you factor in the Final Cut Express preinstalled thing I took advantage of (just $99), its actually $150 savings so thats not as bad as a hit for me. Still, $150 is $150. Ah well, you win some you lose some.