No ringtone when receiving calls on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Phat^Trance, Dec 23, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

i hope u guys can help me with this problem im having. ive noticed that sometimes (maybe 1 of 10 calls) the iphone 4 wont ring when someone is calling me. I do see the caller picture etc, but the default ringtone wont work (the old phone ringtone). This is kinda annoying since im missing calls all the time now at work. SMS / Email and all other sounds works fine.

Anyone else having this problem or know what to do? i rather not hard resetting the device since my iphone is jailbroken and it will take to long to try to download all the apps etc.

2. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Rebooting the iPhone has nothing to do with it being jailbroken and you putting the apps back on.

You're mistaken with restoring.

3. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Hard resetting is holding the home and power button for 20+ seconds untill it reboots.
    You meant you dont want to restore it and setup everything again right?

4. thread starter macrumors regular

Phat^Trance

With hardreset i mean formatting the entire drive via itunes (im using iOS 4.1)

5. macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Hard reset is what AppleJuiced said hold down the power and home button until your iPhone restarts.

Restoring via iTunes is formatting the iPhone.

6. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

I get what you meant but that's not what hard reset is though:)