No RoboForm for Mac? Whatever will I Do?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Donz0r, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

When i used to use my PC, I was addicted to Roboform. It was so useful! I know firefox stores passwords, and that's how I've been getting by on my macbook thus far (since the switch), but I miss roboform.

Is there anything just like this for the Mac?

2. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Similar features are built right into Safari. Check the Autofill prefs.

3. Donz0r thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, SIMILAR features, but they're not the same. That just autofills forms at a page that I'm at. Roboform does everything in one step. I click "eBay" and <SJ>Boom</SJ> I'm logged into My Ebay.

4. roustem macrumors newbie

Try 1Passwd

You should try 1Password - Password Manager and Form Filler for OS X. It is integrated with Safari, Firefox, Camino and Flock. It means that the password saved in one browser becomes instantly available in all other browsers. 1Passwd can import existing passwords from RoboForm and other password managers. There is also support for multiple identities and autofill for fields like credit cards, etc.

Roustem Karimov
    Co-creator of 1Passwd.

5. lOUDsCREAMEr macrumors regular

lOUDsCREAMEr

6. closebeauty macrumors newbie

Thanks for the information. I'm having the similar question and i found a " Robofor for Mac" site, which seems to be helpful.

7. m.buon macrumors newbie

1password is not like roboform

Dear users,
    I am sorry but i must speak up on Roboform and 1password.
    I was addicted to Roboform, it is a great application and i love it.
    I do not like the comparison with 1password. They are slightly similar but 1password is far from being the alternative of roboform on Mac, in my opinion.
    1password is not fully integrated with the browser (Firefox, Chrome), there is not the same integration available in roboform.
    In terms of user friendliness of the application, i am sorry: the user experience with roboform is fantastic; i cannot say the same with 1password.
    there are a lot of posts in favor of 1password and i am wondering if they are spam messages or not :mad: ... people can decide what to buy even without spamming.
    Thank you,
    max
    :p

8. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Way to reply to a long dead thread!

Eh? I use 1Password with both Chrome and Firefox. It has full integration with both as well as Safari and about 6 other browsers. They even have Firefox 4b7 support now within 2 days of its release.

You're under no obligation to like it. As I mentioned in the other thread I replied to you in I've used both Roboform and 1Password and FAR prefer the latter. I find 1Password extremely intuitive and easy to use.

I bought V2 and V3 of 1Password and the new Windows app. I'm sure I will continue to upgrade it in the future. I'm a big fan of the developer Agile period. I also own Knox which is an awesome app. They have great support and really knowledgeable guys there who respond quickly and personally when you have issues. Kudos to them.

9. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't call that "spam," I'd call it a developer being helpful on the forum. That's actually encouraged around here. Additionally, the reason you see it mentioned so frequently is that it's a great app and people seem very pleased with it.