No sound at all in xp under bootcamp!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by kubrus, Apr 9, 2006.

1. kubrus macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right category to post this in, but i really need your help. I used bootcamp and set up a 20gb partition with xp pro slipstreamed with sp2 to install xp on my 1.83ghz macbook.

The install went smooth, the mac drivers cd installation went smooth, everything works -- except the sound card! I tried installing several variations of the sigmatel drivers, and they all tell me they cannot install on the hardware.

I don't get sound through the headphone jack or internal speakers, and there are 4 unknown devices still in device manager, a pci device, 2 unknowns and a USB device. I appreciate your help in advance, I haven't been in the windows world in a while and I just want to play some Half Life 2 :(.

2. ilkevinli macrumors 6502

ilkevinli

If you go into the device manager, all the way towards the bottom there should be a PCI Device with a yellow exclamation mark on it. If you double click it and hit the reinstall drivers button you should then get sound.

3. kubrus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that definitely helped, but i'm only getting sound through the headphone jack (and the red optical light is always on). How can i get sound through the speakers?

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Sounds like you managed to get the onmac drivers loaded, since that's what they do. (headphones only, optical always on).

The Apple drivers are internal and heaphone/optical always on.

Try the Apple drivers disc again?

B