No Sound in Classic Mode - Ideas?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ~Shard~, Oct 11, 2004.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Just a quick question - I recently tried firing up an old game using Classic mode, and there was no sound whatsoever. Could this just be the game, or is there something in Classic mode I have to do to try and enable audio?

Also, I tried running the game in color, but the text wasn't displaying right - the mono version worked fine though - again, is this related to the game, or are there other settings I might have to fool around with? I'm new to using Classic, so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
    Shard

2. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

One other question while I'm at it. Since I'm a newbie when it comes to using Classic mode, is there a way to enlarge the screen size when I'm running it? The game I loaded ended up running in a pretty small screen, it would be great if I could make it bigger. :)

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions!

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Same thing happens with my version of Lemmings, did you check your Sound control panel?

The image size is often down to the app, the audio is a system problem.

How quickly we forget System 9...

4. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

The Sound control panel within Classic? Yah, I clicked on it, however it came back with the message, "That application or control panel is not supported by Classic." Any ideas?

Looks like I'll have to get used to a small screen then... Thanks for confirming.

To forget System 9, one would actually have to have known System 9. ;) OS X Panther is my very first Mac OS that I've learned on my own computer - before that it was my brother's Apple //e and then his Mac SE/30, but no System 9. :cool:

5. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I've had classic sound go out on me, I just reinstalled the classic environment and it fixed it.

6. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

How exactly do you reinstall Classic? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I just really don't know much about Classic and this is my first time fooling around with it. :eek: