no sound on powerbook g4 and keyboard light wont work

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tjespo22, Nov 26, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

it took a very small fall onto carpet but the headphones that i tried wont work either so its not the speakers either, i restarted the computer of course. any sugguestions on what i can check

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

anyone know what the problem could be

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

anyone

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

can someone please help me. can a connection in the laptop be loose? after it fell off the couch onto the carped it stopped working but the speakers didnt break becuase headphones wont work either
    any help would be appreciated

5. macrumors member

I wish I was tech-savvy enough to help other than to say it sounds as if you should have the repair guy take a look at it (is there a Certified Apple Reseller nearby?)...normally a 40$ or so charge for looking
    Then again someone here may have the answer
    Good luck!

6. macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

You can try resetting the PMU (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1431) but if that doesn't work and the sound stopped working right after the fall I'd say you're boned. The best (and really only) advice I can offer is that if you don't have the expertise to take it apart yourself then you're gonna have to get it inspected/repaired.

7. macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Along with resetting the PMU, you should check the airport card and RAM sticks to make sure they are not loose. I've heard that a loose Airport card can cause all sorts of trouble for PowerBooks.