No Text Alert Sound

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ChelseaJK, Sep 23, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2011
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered already (I did a search but didn't find anything), but is anyone else not getting a text/iMessage sound?

I don't have the mute button switched on, and I've the ringer volume turned all the way up. I have 'Show on Lock Screen' turned off to save battery, but I did in iOS6 as well. When I first updated the sound would go off when I got a message, but now there's nothing. I unlock my phone and am surprised to see that I've a new text. I tried turning my phone off and on, and resetting it but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone else?
  2. macrumors 603

Dec 2, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Is do not disturb on?
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2011
  4. macrumors Core

Oct 17, 2011
    So you would get a sound/vibration for a text message when the phone is locked even though you turned off the ability to be notified of new messages while the phone is locked?
  5. macrumors member

Jul 31, 2013
    Do you have a tone set in settings > notification center > messages? If not, that could be the problem.
  6. macrumors newbie

Jan 2, 2014
    Same problem with mine until I went into settings,and where it says manual it was green so I clicked on it and it turned white which allowed text messages to come to my phone and make a get to manual click on 'do not disturb'