No Tiger Family Pack?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mac-er, Apr 8, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

AppleInsider is reporting that Amazon is no longer accepting preorders for the Tiger family pack (the single client edition remains Amazon's number 1 selling electronics item).

When a customer called Amazon, they said that they were unable to order the family pack from Apple.

According to the article, Amazon was taking preorders for the family pack before they unexpectedly stopped.

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Hopefully that is not the case and we will see its availablity before Tiger actually ships. Did both versions appear for pre-order at the same time for Panther?

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Well, Amazon has it listed as currently not available...

4. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, the interesting part is that they were taking preorders for it and then stopped.

Why would they stop taking preorders? It's not like the item is out-of-stock, and they stopped taking orders until it comes back in stock. I don't know what other reason they would stop taking preorders (and still take preorders for the single user edition) unless Apple told them it won't be available.

I also notice an image is not available for the family pack edition on Amazon.

Maybe Amazon assumed there would be a family pack (like Panther and Jaguar) before Apple said, "not so fast".

5. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

Have no fear folks. There will be a Family pack.

6. mac-er thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks, Steve

7. gopher macrumors 65816

I can speculate they stopped taking orders for much the same reason there was a temporary hold on their Tiger orders for a couple days. That kind of hold can only mean:

Ordering an extra batch from Apple to meet demand!
    Once they fill that allotment they go on hold again until they can order another batch and confirm it.

That's how many businesses work. Make sure you have enough supply to meet demand. When you don't have the supply, stop taking orders until you can get more.

8. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

Proberly just a trick from apple, think they will sell it when Tiger is finally released........ :rolleyes:

9. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Yes, TigerPRO is correct. (Not stating an opinion.)

Where this is coming from, I have no idea...

10. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

I was? Good, cause I was just making that up. j/k.

11. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

You got lucky. :)

12. TigerPRO macrumors 6502

Is case anyone can't tell anymore, I am still serious; there will be a Tiger family pack. It would be very unappple, and downright rediculous any other way. Apple did a family pack with their latest iLife 05 release, and their will certainly be a Tiger family pack. Apple knows the importance of these family packs.