No Updates This Tuesday

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by VanMac, Jul 25, 2005.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Made you look ;)

Anywho, thought with so many threads regarding 'imminent updates', we should balance things out here.

So, no updates this Tuesday. Sorry. :(

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Being that I didn't see 354 threads saying "New iBooks Released", "Apple site down", or "The iBooks are Updated", this wasn't too hard to figure out.

3. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

or that its not tuesday yet...

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

There were a few thread of people waiting for updates today. I was referring to them.

I think it would be funny if Apple didn't release the iBooks for a while. Let the buzz die down some, then update them when your not expecting it. I'm not sure if they'd sell more or less that way.

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Duff-Man says...just what we needed.....another iBook thread....the other ones weren't good enough for you?.....oh yeah!

6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

You and Duff-Man must be close. I thought it was really him for a minute!.....oh yeah!

7. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I cant say if they'd sell more or less but I do know if they mess with people like that Jobs and any apple employees the mobs can find are going to hang from some buetiful California cliffs :D

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

He trained me well. :p

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

This is certainly a very premature thread. The one positive thing is that if Apple sees this it could just encourage them to make a release. So we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

10. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

The funny thing is, regardless of what does or does not happen tomorrow, I will probably be more likely to post on this thread than on any of the other ones.

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Yes, Apple please release updated 'Books tomorrow - I would really like to buy one :)

Look on the bright-side, If they don't come out tomorrow then we know that they will come out next tuesday. ;)

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

Wouldn't work that way. It's been 9+ months since they were updated. Every week, every day, that they aren't updated will only add to the frenzy. Nothing is dying down until they release the darn things.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

And then the rumors of the next iBook updates will ensue. :eek: :rolleyes:

14. adamjaskie macrumors member

Duff-Man says... people shouldn't be imitating Duff-Man!
    ...oh yeah!

15. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Lacero says.. Duff-Man says... is getting really old, fast! ...oh yeah! ...oh yeah!

Woof, Woof - Lacero [​IMG]

16. wide macrumors 6502a

VanMac--

I bet you an iBook that new iBooks will be out tomorrow :D

17. mflender macrumors member

Attached Files:

18. wide macrumors 6502a

19. macmanmatty macrumors regular

I have calculated my velocity so precisely that a

I would also to bet you an ibook do you accept?

Tems and Conditions:

If Apples' line of ibook computers are not updated by 11:59 EST July 26, 2005 and accessable to the general public for purchase, the user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com is soley responsable for the purchase of a ibook of the user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com choosing to be given to mthe user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com. If Apples line of ibook computers are updated by 11:59 EST July 26, 2005 and accessable to the general public for purchase, the user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com is soley responsable for the purchase of any ibook of user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com choosing to be given to user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com. The Term updated is to mean any change of specifications of Apples line of Ibook computers which include but are not limited to: processor speed, screen size, video cards/ram and harddrive size. Replying to this posted contract by the user of the account username "wide" of the message boards of macrumors.com or the user of the account username "macmanmatty" of the message boards of macrumors.com is subject to immedaite acceptence of all terms and conditions of this bet. This contract is void if not replied to by the time new ibook specs are printed at the site www.apple.com.

20. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

21. Tahko macrumors regular

DAMN! Still no rev. B iPod socks! AND i'VE WAITED FOR 2 MONTHS, DAMNED!!! :mad:

22. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hopefully they'll be widescreen.

I've got fat feet. :eek:

23. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

and here they are...and nothing new about them...pathetic

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Good job VanMac your psychology worked. It was just enough so that Apple thought the rumor mill had moved away from Tuesday. :D

25. JonMaker macrumors regular

Brilliant! I was hoping for updated iPod socks, since the current ones don't natively support the ripple effect. Maybe next tuesday. :p