no Wii internet connection

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ja Di ksw, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Hi all. So my gf told me that she hasn't been able to connect to the internet for awhile on her Wii, and that she hasn't changed anything on her airport or the like, that one day it just "stopped working." I think, but am not sure, that it stopped working after she dl'ed the news channel. I've tried going to Nintendo's site and followed their instructions on ways to get it to work, but nothing has.

Any suggestions?

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Go to the Wireless setup and remake the connection with her airport.

3. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Tried that, thanks, but it didn't work.

BTW, the connection error is 51332

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

5. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Yeah, thanks, I looked at that page and tried what it was saying, still no luck. At one point (when I set the channel on the airport to 11) it gave a different number, but when I tried that number on Nintendo's website the list of what to do was pretty much the same as this page, just a little shorter.

6. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

I can't remeber the error code, but something similar happened to me a few days ago. There was a black out. Although the airport router turned on automatically when the power came back and my MBP could re-connect to it with no problems, the Wii couldn't. So I unplugged the airport and router. I Did a connection test on the wii and everything worked.

7. Ja Di ksw thread starter macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I'll tell her to try that, but when I messed around with the airport and had to update the settings it restarted it, and I did that a lot. Shouldn't that be the same thing?

8. madog macrumors 65816

madog

I got the same error code when trying to connect to my crap linksys but it turned out it was a settings issue. First of all I had the router set to "G-Only" [as opposed to "Mixed Mode"] and secondly I had the "UPnP" setting turned off. Though I don't know what the hell upnp is, it does prevent this ***** router from cutting out randomly but also prevents the Wii from connecting properly.

You made it sound like you haven't modified your router settings though I suggest you reset your router to its factory defaults and then try to connect to it.

9. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Have no idea, but I'd say try the tested "unplug the Wii and wait 5 min." advice - seems to work for remotes that can't sync and all kinds of other problems. Resetting the console, as opposed to resetting the router.