No Will

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mjstew33, Dec 15, 2005.

1. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I have absolutely no will to do anything for school, zip, nodda, nope. I am hating school right now, I used to get really really good grades now i'm getting some lower grades, this sucks, I don't know what happened, but this year, my eighth grade year is just sucking majorily. Algebra, High School english classes, really hard science, ugh ugh ugh. Am I alone?

I hate school.

God, can I not wait for next Wednesday to be over... :rolleyes:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do well at school, get a well-paying job, buy lots of Macs. I'm pretty sure that's the aim.

And people say we don't know the meaning of life... :rolleyes:

:D

3. Sathos macrumors regular

Sorry to say this, but you're in 8th grade. Even if you are taking some high school courses, it will get worse as you advance into higher grades. High school english is easy. That said, don't let yourself start slacking in grade 8! Find a place where you work best, force yourself to work, do whatever it takes! Honestly, you won't like it now, but you won't regret it later.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

It's important to have a will. Otherwise when your head explodes from too much knowledge*, your estate goes into probate, and your bereft family will have to sell the iPod for the taxes and expenses....

:p

* I advise forgetting everything as quickly as possible. Did you know you can fit three episodes of Friends into the space saved by forgetting one mathematical theorum? And an extra one just for forgetting how to spell Pythager... Pithygoran... Python Diarrea... that thing with the triangles.

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Wait until you have a mortgage, car payments, an ex-wife, a new ife, and 2.3 kids. You'll long for 8th grade again. That or death's sweet embrace.

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

When you get older you'll look back and laugh. Wait till you have to get into the real world. 9-5 if you are lucky doing something you are likely to find, at best, demoralising and frustrating, even if it is what you want to do, all just to earn some money, of which you have to give a lot to the government for them to do things you don't agree with!

All right maybe it's not all bad but still!

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I reckon it gets better as you get further up the high school creek. I know it gets harder, but the study becomes more relevant and the school starts treating you like an adult (eventually... hopefully...). :)

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

was going throught the same thing but after getting a few 'A's' im ready for a long , hard school year. Just go CRAZY on studying and look over ur school stuff on xmas break.

And punish your self when you do bad ex. wont buy a new Mac even if i have the $$$, wont bring my iPod to school, will not watch TV(unless House is on then watch it;) )

9. iGary Guest

iGary

Yeah, I feel that way all the time, and then I check the mail.

You know, minor things - electricity, insurance, car payment....

10. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

damn i thought this was about not having a will and needing a Health Care Proxy

shows i am in the hospital too much

11. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

I hear yah. Being 21 and running a company makes me wish for the old days.

12. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

My nomination for quote of the day.:D

13. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I wouldn't worry about 8th grade grades... I remember people told me that about elementary school, I busted my but for nothing... People told me about that in middle school, I busted my but for nothing (well mabey to get into good classes for highschool) ... Now in my 10th grade year colleges are now looking at my grades. I wouldn't worry to much about it now. In highschool is when id start don't sweat it to much right now.

14. monke macrumors 65816

monke

2.3 kids :confused:

15. CompUser Guest

I know what its like. School can be stressful. Sounds like you need a vacation. Unfortunately, usually tests come before vacations :(.

16. applekid macrumors 68020

Middle school determines the classes you take in high school. High school determines what kind of college (if any) you can get into.

Let me just say I hauled butt middle school, in high school I lost my touch (grades started dropping because middle school did not prepare me; grades continued to drop in math because I was demoralized because of my Algebra II teacher broke me), and I'm now in 12th grade lazy as ever. I rather just go to my job at the library instead of wasting my time in school, pushing my grades around one last time before colleges start sending their acceptance and rejection letters. I just hope I break the habit before college because I don't feel too safe the way I'm going right now.

In a nutshell, you don't want a case of "senioritis" (adolescent arrogance and laziness) this early in life :)

17. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

One's sill in the oven I am guessing.

18. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

yep, tests next week.

Almost done with my homework :eek: :)

19. mjstew33 thread starter macrumors 601

mjstew33

My dad joked about that when I was younger. :eek: :eek:

20. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Little Timmy is kinda slow:eek:

21. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I know how you feel. It sounds very cliché, but you must finish school. Life will be so much easier.

I speak from experience.

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers."
    -Kahlil Gibran

"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."
    -Buddha

Finish school ;)

22. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

Leftovers, again?!?

23. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

haha wait until your senior year in highschool. i have sent in most my apps for college, my transcripts are set, scores sent, etc.

school is a joke for me now. its a place i go during the day to hang out with my friends. i long for college.

24. MajereXYU macrumors regular

By saying "2.3 kids" I think Yellow was sarcastically referring to the average number of children per family in the United States.

Statistics say that an average american family has 2.3 kids. Just doesn't make sense and I think Yellow wanted to be cynical about it to show how it doesn't make sense.

25. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Correct! You win a cookie! (You others get no cookies!)