No WWDC Quicktime Broadcast???????

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by AdamZ, Jun 25, 2004.

1. AdamZ macrumors regular

Two weeks ago I requested the 28th off from work so a couple a friends and I could get together, have some cocktails and watch WWDC online. These Keynotes are all we look forward to since the one when Jobs introduced Safari. We are hooked. Now I am seeing some hints that there might not be a broadcast, but the information is unclear, it says that they won't be showing the Keynote at Apple Stores. So will it be shown via quicktime or not??? Jobd said this year would be an incredible year for Apple, does he not realize how important these Keynotes are to the Apple community. I just don't understand, and don't tell me it's because WWDC is not for the general public. Apple should have much more "Apple based" quicktime content on their website What's On. We love watching these things repeatedly, and Quicktime State of the Union 2003 is getting pretty lame

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Last year's WWDC keynote was not broadcast live via QuickTime, but it was available to view on Apple's site a few hours after the keynote ended.

People were pretty surprised that it wasn't broadcast since everyone knew that the PowerMac G5's were being unveiled.

Don't expect a live stream of the keynote to be made available.

3. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I hope theres a stream, if so we will show it at our store on our projector. If not, I will wait, not looking at the apple site, untill someone actually comes over and gets the stream up because I want to be surprised. Its always more fun when steve demo's it.

4. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It doesn't seem like it's happening. Last year they had it advertised on the Apple website and on the Quicktime page saying "this is where you can see the broadcast" and all. None of that has shown up on their website this year and there has been no word that I can see that there will be a broadcast. If they were, they'd surely say something by now since it's only a few days away.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not at all surprised about not having the live QuickTime broadcast. It has been so unreliable. My hope is that they will offer it live via satellite to local Apple Stores.

6. dornball macrumors member

no 3Ghz...that's why.

steve made a big deal last year, announcing 3Ghz within 12 months. they have failed to make that goal, and i think thye don't want to draw attention to that failure (i know it wasn't apple's fault). so that's my guess why they7 are not broadcasting live this year.

-dornball

7. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Well, as long as they are posting the Recorded Broadcast after the show then I'm happy with that

Live Broadcasting on Macworld 2004 was a bit messy what with bandwith etc for me and I find its better to watch the recorded one :)

8. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I've been watching the keynotes live since MacWorld 2000, (when the released the Cube :D) including last year's WWDC at an Apple Store. I'm going to be sad if they don't broadcast it.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

10. King Cobra macrumors 603

I've been checking that link on and off for the past month and a half, and it hasn't been up the entire time. It'll be up eventually...

And this type of "No keynote broadcast" happens at almost every big MacWorld Expo and WWDC. Then there's a live stream anyways. Go figure. :mad:

11. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

The '03 WWDC keynote is now a dead link, I think we'll be seeing the '04 keynote replace it but I doubt it will be broadcast live.

I think the MWSF live feed this year was sketchy probably due to very high demand and they probably prefer no stream to a poor quality one. Not to mention the bandwidth charges (although I presume these are not that significant for a company like Apple, for example they host enough movie trailers). Its surprising however that it is not being broadcast to Apple Stores, maybe they want to keep it quiet and there will be another Keynote/launch somewhere else before Paris.