No WWDC rumors=no updates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Willy S, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Willy S macrumors 6502

There hasn´t been any rumor around like it was in April before Apple updated the iMac and eMac.

I think Apple isn´t ready with PB updates and it probably isn´t wise for them to cannibalize PB sales by updating only the iBook.

I also guess that Mini´s sales are high enough to wait until September with the update. I´m not interested in iPods so I don´t care what Apple will do with them.

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

3. gangst macrumors 6502a

The reason there have been few rumors is probably because Apple is trying to keep a lid on WWDC.
    What were your intentions with this post?

4. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

I just wanted to say this because people are being overly optimistic about any updates. There has been rumors until now, so do you really think that has suddenly changed? I find it very unlogical.

This is just my opinion and we will see soon if I´m right or wrong. :rolleyes:

5. asanchezm macrumors member

I also fear we will have no updates, specifically Powerbook updates. :(

6. bbarnhart macrumors 6502a

bbarnhart

I agree than many people have been overly optimistic about upgrades. There will not be PowerMac or PowerBook upgrades. Not a chance. I'm hoping that there will be iBook upgrades because I want to buy one and they're the only CPU that hasn't been updated.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I can't imagine a PowerMac update coming so soon - as for no rumors, Apple might have managed to squash the leaks this time around. You can't make assumptions like that - I'd bet we'll see something very cool, whether its hardware or software.

D

8. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Give it time.
    Who knew about the iPod before it was announced?

9. iGary Guest

iGary

Steve doesn't get on stage unless he has wares to peddle. Period.

10. Mr Maui macrumors 65816

Mr Maui

Usually!

11. Willy S thread starter macrumors 6502

2GB iPod shuffle?

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Exactly, that and show off.

Now whether what he's excited about will get us excited is another matter....

D

13. iGary Guest

iGary

Whatever it is, I believe it is going to be something totally unexpected. Steve hasn't given a "WOW" announcement in a couple of years.

14. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

This always happens. It's nothing special. Then after the event, people always go off whining and crying about how Apple didn't introduce this or update that.

15. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

Agreed, some good things will definitely come from Monday's keynote. And there is something to be said about actually being surprised for once instead of already knowing what he's going to announce ahead of time! :)

16. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I agree with iGary but also I'm way to optimistic about these conferences. Also if they don't get updated then I think that there will be a update around the 24th becuase that's when the rebate ends on iBook, Powerbooks and PM (i doubt on updates w/ the last 2.)

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Oh dear. If there aren't any rumours and there aren't any updates, does that mean that Apple is going to announce that it's going out of business?

Relax. It is a developer's conference after all. Apple doesn't need to announce any hardware or software. They just need to concentrate on informing developers and tending their needs.

18. wide macrumors 6502a

powerbooks are highly likely. maybe apple is trying to keep them secret because they are going to be so amazing....

19. DPazdanISU macrumors regular

DPazdanISU

Lets hope its something we could of never even imagined! like a 2 button mouse :eek:

20. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

no rumors = low expectations = less disappointment.

NOT! People will still be disappointed and whine no matter what. lol

21. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

But also for instilling trust in developers that Apple is still innovating and bringing out great products to develop for. ;)

22. tfh1013 macrumors member

No iBook Updates...

I dont think there will be iBook updates, especially because the Pbook and ibook lines' specs are so similar.... Apple might update iBooks AND Powerbooks, but there is NO way that iBooks would be updated alone... Anyway... Does anyone know why the WWDC thing on Apples website says, "Steve Jobs Keynote"?? I never remember it saying this ever before... just the date and WWDC stuff......

I just noticed that it does say "Spotlight on Innovation"... does that mean more innovation this year? Or is it just a cheesy Tiger pun?

23. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

I doubt that there will be a Powerbook update. I would like to see new product announcements but who knows if we'll see anything. It may just end up being a Tiger event.

24. zach macrumors 65816

zach

The lack of rumors means nothing.

If you recall, we didn't have ANY indication of the 12" or 17" PowerBooks until the NIGHT before MWSF 2003.

So just hold your horses, mmkay? :D

25. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Yes.
    It's very true that WWDC rumors, or rumors about big things only come out a day or two before the keynote, if that.

Isn't everyone a bit excited purely because so little has been leaked recently? I know I am. I can feel something in the ether...