No X.2 in April

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Ensign Paris, Mar 24, 2002.

  1. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

    Ensign Paris

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2001
    Location:
    Europe
    #1
    I am able to almost perfectly confirm that there will be no major osx update in April (I know it was unlikely anyway, but I thought I should say)

    This is because Apple said the next major rev. of OSX would contain BlueTooth support and that there would be a public beta in April, therefore I don't think they would bother with an public beta if a major rev. was just around the corner.

    Ensign
     
  2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

    eyelikeart

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2001
    Location:
    Metairie, LA
    #2
    so do u think that BlueTooth was a way for them to buy time on the next update of X? and if so....why?
     
  3. Hemingray macrumors 68030

    Hemingray

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2002
    Location:
    Ha ha haaa!
    #3
    Makes sense... so we'll probably see it in July. That gives them two extra months to finalize X.2. (They'll probably need it. ;) )
     
  4. mozez macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2001
    #4
    i think we all have been getting to crazy with updates and new stuff. we ask apple to almost update their os daily, we want new hardware weekly, it seems liek everybody is gonna die if the g5 doesn't come out next week. i think apple is playing things safe and taking it's time, they make quality stuff and that takes time, i'd rather apple not get into the build crap as fast as we can and make up for it in time game. i like osx as it is, it's great, i'm not in desperate need of an update, when it comes out, great, can i wait, of course. so april, fine, june, fine, july, who cares, it's not that big of an update. on the other hand :) i would really like quicktime 6. if you know when that's coming, you are a god
     
  5. Taft macrumors 65816

    Taft

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2002
    Location:
    Chicago
    #5
    Good point.

    I'm willing to wait a little longer if they can pack more features, stability and speed into the next big release. If we see another jump like we saw between 10.0 and 10.1, it will be a *huge* release.

    Here's hoping.

    Matthew
     
  6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

    Rower_CPU

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2001
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #6
    It's coming once MPEGLA settles on a licensing scheme. And Apple feels like releasing it. :p

    Hey, I'm just a Demi-God...talk to Steve.

    I think 10.2 will be announced at MacWorld...question is, which one?
     

Share This Page