Noah's Ark on the Moon

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Mr. Anderson, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/09/08/moon.ark/index.html

Its a great idea and we should definitely do it, but I don't think it will happen any time soon. And the Moon might not be far enough away, it probably couldn't hurt to put a few more up there as well - even better if we could eventually get one in another solar system....

D

2. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

3. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's a little more involved :D

But the same concept. And who would pay for this large facility? We have enough problems getting money to fund *finding* the asteroids that will cause the end of the world, let alone doing something about it....

D

4. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

If its for asteriod protection wouldn't it be easier and cheeper to build a subterranean bomb type shelter.
    Reminds me of the Bond film Moonraker.

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Uh, *cough*, erm. Mr. A, you do know there's a difference between an arc and an ark right?

I don't think Noah's gonna be doing any welding on the moon... ;)

6. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ha! well, I've a very bad habit of mixing words sometimes, I don't catch them all. They even mention it in the article, I just slipped it in by mistake....

now don't start on they're and their....:p

As for building a subterranean bomb type shelter that's fine because if its deep and big enough it will be ok in a cataclysmic event. If its a very big event, then having anything on the Moon might be too close anyway.

I think the main issue here is to get people to start worrying a little more about the fragility of life in general and steps need to be taken eventually to secure it a little better and lower the chance of total annihilation.

D

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Or Space: 1999?