Nobody here mentioned Serenity Day?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Xeem, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Feb 2, 2005
    I was checking out the usual Firefly sites, as I do every few months, when I came across something I didn't know about: Serenity Day. Every good Browncoat was supposed to buy a copy of Serenity on June 23 to show Universal that fans are willing to fork over enough money to make a sequel financially worthwhile. No word on its impact, but the event was still successful as Serenity reached #2 on Amazon's DVD charts that day.

Now I know that there are plenty of Browncoats on these forums, and there have been Firefly and Serenity threads in the past, so how could we miss this? Normally, Browncoats will put trekkies to shame will their intense loyalty (read:raving fanaticism) to the series, but I can't believe the word didn't reach these forums. Of course, I'm not blaming anybody, as I am guilty too. I just feel bad that I didn't do my part to keep one of the best (and my favorite) sci-fi franchises going.
  2. atszyman macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2003
    The Dallas 'burbs
    Like you my problem is that the podcasts/news tend to stack up for a few months before I get around to listening/reading. Thus I usually find out about all of these fun promotions after the fact.

I did manage to find that the SciFi channel is running a Firefly marathon on September 18th starting at 8:00 a.m. EST. I need to check the TIVO and get them to record. I probably won't watch them again but hopefully they check what I record off of the TIVO...
  3. MultiM macrumors 6502

May 9, 2006
    TO. I've moved!
    I already own the series on DVD and the movie, which is on my video iPod. I can't do any more than I have...