Nobody is predicting new notebooks for today!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jne381, Oct 3, 2006.

1. jne381 macrumors regular

Nobody is predicting new notebooks for today! I find it odd since people have been expecting them to come out on every tuesday for the last four months? I think Apple is just waiting for nobody to expect their release, and this is the sure sign that they will be here today.

Damn! I guess I just blew today.

2. nodabs macrumors regular

HAHA... you make a good point. I for one got tired of waiting and bought a 2' iMac to use in the interim (a very nice machine i might add) then once a truly updated MBP (more than just Merom) shows up i'll buy one.

This way i don't have to deal with the agony of waiting because i have a new toy to play with! :D

3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think you have quashed another "new MBP on Tuesday" thread for today pre-emptively (or not!, as I am sure we will see yet another thread on this).

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Tuesdays are a great day for new Apple products, but I doubt we will see a new MacBook Pro today, but I guess anything is possible..... :)

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

I think everyone has finally come to rest with the idea that there may be some time before we see an updated Apple notebook line featuring the Core 2 Duo.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

How I only hope that this is indeed the case. :D :)

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A 2' iMac? Is that a new size?

Maybe everyone is so tired of waiting for Merom that nobody cares anymore *hopes*.

8. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Yeah, actually. It is. The 24" iMac...

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I read somewhere that we may have to wait until January for the Core 2 Duo because they'll come with a redesign, and aside from 64 bit computing, only offer a 7% speed increase from the core 1 duo.

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

The small speed increase may be true but the 64bit processor is the future. I think it's a mistake to buy a 32bit processor right now as more and more software will be written with the 64bit processor in mind. The 64bit processor will have a bigger and bigger speed advantage over time.

11. wchong macrumors 6502

i really think that ppl have given up on the MBP

12. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I hope that is true as I don't want to spend to buy Core2Duo MBP this year. If it comes out next year, that would be a good buying cycle of me (from my own self-centered perspective), as my AL 15" PB would be out of Apple Care warranty by then (so that I can move on to Intel Mac).
    I don't want Apple to rush on this as customers like us do not want to get the buggy MBP/MB because of the fast-track quality control.

13. iñaki'sonMac'87 macrumors regular

I waited for two months but finaly I gave up today, can't wait any longer to replace my PB G3, I just press the BUY button, guess that I won't be around here for a looong time... anyway, can't be happier with my birthgift... only a little dispointed with the 10 days shipping time.... I had the hope that it will be 3 weeks, or something that says "MBP with C2D"

anyway, here in spain it seems no stock availables.... fortunatly Ill get one, but now, mkore important is that my new toy arrives SOON!!!!

see ya'

14. DTphonehome macrumors 68000

Well, everyone knows today is the day we see the PowerBook G5! Hell yes!

15. wchong macrumors 6502

my god..... i would give an arm

16. paradillon macrumors member

Well if the store isn't down tomorrow morning then I will give up on this week for the update.

17. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

This is really so agonizing. January, dear god no...

18. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

These threads are like somebody trying to ...

[​IMG]

19. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

I haven't given up yet..... but was very disappointed today. Seeing as I have already sold my iBook I need to actually get it to the buyer in the near future. The replacement is a Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro.......