Nobody takes s*** from Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Thomas Veil, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

As if Wal-Mart's reputation weren't bad enough already:

Linque

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I love how they tried to justify their actions at the end.

The right thing would have been accepting the couple's apology and just dropping the case :rolleyes:

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Any chance we could have some of that fertilizer to blow up Wal-Mart headquarters along with their facist regime of a company?

4. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

F*** Wal-Mart.

(And that's all I have to say about that.)

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Nope, wrong kind of fertilizer.

This is just a load of **** perfect for filling up the CEOs nice new luxury vehicle, or placing a really farm fresh load in a big steaming pile in the middle of their office.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Gonna line up on Walmart's side on this one.

We have people bounce cheques on us, try to give us bad charge card numbers, return goods that they broke themselves, claim for warranty replacement on a 512 Mb module but send in a 128 Mb, challenge the charge card billing on purchases they made and received, hoping to get them free etc. Fortuntely, 99.95% of customers are honest.

My point is that putting all these things straight consumes a lot of time and money for the seller. It's bad PR obviously to dispute with any customer, but sometimes I really wish we had some effective way to pursue the few bad apples who cost us hundreds of dollars.

And remember, charges in the W** M**** B*** S*** case were dismissed -not disproven. They actually did steal the product, then said they were sorry. The City Attorney (not a judge) decided not to pursue it criminally.

Of course, WalMart is a big, fat target to laugh at. Not so funny when its your own money getting stolen though...

7. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

F*** Wal-Mart! (repeat over and over again, screaming).

They are evil, oh so evil. Let's all protest by creating a manure pile at the front doors of every local Wal-Mart. :D

8. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

9. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

you can make ammonia from horse sh*t and you can make allot of explosives from ammonia.

10. superninjagoat macrumors 6502

superninjagoat

Wal*Mart is the white-trash mecca of the Western world. And I find myself strangely drawn there. I don't like the idea of the place, but I do love shopping there. Sorry, mom and pop.

11. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I just think the title of the Thread merits a perusal, agree or disagree. Reminds me of life in the turd world.
    X

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just easier to burn the stuff, makes for an exciting news story.

What did they use to burn down the WalMart? Seems they used 120 Tons of bull **** Ted...

13. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah, they should be prosecuted as terrorists too!

down with walmart
    shop at costco...
    turns out if you don't pay huge executive salaries, you can quite easily pay a living wage.

14. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

we are watching you.

15. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And people are scratching their head wondering why they even let him back out. [​IMG]

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Because it would have been a waste of time.

The BS part is that they were not convicted of a crime, and yet were still able to be fined. And to fight the fine would have been more than the fine itself. Having shopped at places like this, I could see where you might forget to add in something like that, or leave heavier things on the bottom of carts and forget to tell the cashier. Plus they came back to pay the $10, then get punished for trying to fix what was clearly an honest mistake. Let the punishment fit the crime here, as it's nothing like the scenarios you mentioned. Wal-Mart overreacted and this is one of the many reasons people hate them.

At least they made things right... eventually. Wonder how many other people just get ripped off. I'd never shop there again.

17. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I am not all that fond of Wal Mart at the moment. So I just shop at Sam's... :rolleyes:

18. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Walmart is going to be the death of this country. Americans can only blame themselves for it.

19. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Huh??? I'm sure you were being facetious. "SAM'S CLUB (www.samsclub.com), a division of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., is the nation's largest warehouse chain in the United States serving small business owners and operators. The purchasing agent of choice, SAM'S CLUB provides every day low cost to more than 46 million entrepreneurs and consumers."
    X

20. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Sam's club is owned by Walmart you know..... i dont go to either, ever. i hate that place.

21. iGary Guest

iGary

Hate Walmart and Sams.

Been in them once or twice.

22. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I think both xsedrinam and PlaceofDis are so overcome by their hatred of Wal*Mart that they are missing the :rolleyes: ham_man included in his post.

:rolleyes: :)

23. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

haha, i know that ham_man is most likely being sarcastic, but i wouldn't say that i have a blind hate of Walmart as much as i am disgusted and disturbed by them, thats all.

24. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Now, I never said any such thing. My appeal was for accuracy
    :rolleyes: You see how confusing and vague that "rolleyes" thingy makes things?
    X

25. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked