noise

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by firewire2001, Apr 2, 2002.

1. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

i had a windoze tower i built a year ago and it made noise constantly... it drove me nuts. i finally discovered that if i went to the sound panel and muted "CD Audio" the sound would stop. cant figure out why exactly it worked... but it got rid of all the backround noise, and in addition i could still play cds. in fact i have that comp still and if i uncheck the box i still get weird sounds... my guess is maybe if you open up your tower and check the cable goin from the cd drive to the motherboard (or sound card) and check to see if its "clean" - no rips or anything... check also if its plugged in right. if its bad you can replace it at like frys or somethin... worth a look

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Ok, I'm confused. Did this come up in a question somewhere else and you hit new thread instead of new replyl?

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think firewire2001 might have hit the wrong button. f2001 did this earlier.

Just remember: To reply, go to the upper or lower corner of the particular issue page you are on and hit "post reply".

Hey, think of it this way:
    (1) You are getting free posts, and
    (2) So far it appears as if you haven't been flamed at! (Usually that stuff is aimed toward the top dogs here at Macrumors.)

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy!

4. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

WHAT!

TOP DOGS! WHY YOU LITTLE *&^%*( PIECE OF #(*#(!!!

Hehe, I am just kidding. :p

Remember firwire, hit POST REPLY and not New Thread!

5. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Speaking of noise...

MacAztec, did you get your ethernet prob figured out?
    You caught some serious flak over that one...:p

6. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehhe

Yeah, I sure did. I guess the iMac is realllly picky about the head you use and how you put it in the port. I tried two cables, but only one worked. On other computers, they both worked!

BTW, Congrats on 500!

7. firewire2001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sorry!

yea, ive done this twice now... i understand now.... im really sorry - wont do it again