Noisy MagSafe?? Will it explode? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nanaki, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Nanaki macrumors member

Jan 28, 2007
    What to do???

My MBP Core Duo is about 8 months old now and there's a faint, annoyingly high pitched squeal/squeak coming from where the MagSafe power supply connects into the MBP.

When I disconnect the power, the noise ceases (and all is right in the world), but when reconnected, the noise comes back. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!! What should I do???

As a side note, the fans are not related to this problem. And sometimes when I run an intensive program, the whine stops.

(PS - this is the 2nd thread I've started on this cos I now know it's not the battery but the MagSafe itself. So I needed a new title.) Can anybody help me??
  2. bearbo macrumors 68000

Jul 20, 2006
    you'll be fine, it's not gonna explode. if you take to apple, they'll tell you it's "within specification"(god knows how much i hate when the stupid idiot (i mean genius) say that phrase). and they are incapable of removing that noise it seems.
  3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Nov 17, 2004
    The Msp
    You'll be fine. My Powerbook did the same damn thing for years, and I got used to it. When I switched adapters later I was fine, but it never blew up.

Or you should try and burn it, then post blurry pictures on here claiming it DID blow up! It's been tried before...